ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio - 4th best horn on the road

C4 Grand Picasso

In todays Daily Star there is a professor in Cardiff Uni who has been studying car horns for their aggrassion levels:

1. Mondeo (dual horn, strong and assertive
2. S2000 (penetrating and and aggressive:eek:)
3. CLK (dual horn, strong and insistent)
4. Clio (dual horn, very loud and rough)
5. Corsa (very loud and piercing)

Who the hell pays professors/scientist to do these stupid pointless experiments?

Elise/VX220/R26

it will be sponsored by an insurance company or something, they get some silly study done thats guaranteed to be printed in the red tops and of course they have to mention "a study carried out for Direct line" or whatever. Cheap advertising. Furniture company I used to work for did one along the lines of your favorite place to shag in the house (worded a bit more tastefully lol)

Nissan R35 GT-R

I can tell you what the worst horn on the road is.

**COUGH** Noble **COUGH**

Reminds be of Noddy in his little car. Beep Beep. :oops:

Mini Cooper S sport

Ive only sounded mine once, when some asshole drove across me as I was exiting a roundabout - they scared the sh*t out of me! I was shaking too much (and thanking the ABS) to remember what the horn sounded like.

C4 Grand Picasso

Iv tried to use my horn a few time - but always press the button on end of the headlights stalk (its where its placed in my work van).

As far as I know my horn sounds a bit weak and squeeky - nothing like loud and rough that that Prof heard.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Levo on 15 January 2005

In todays Daily Star there is a professor in Cardiff Uni who has been studying car horns for their aggrassion levels:

1. Mondeo (dual horn, strong and assertive
2. S2000 (penetrating and and aggressive:eek:)
3. CLK (dual horn, strong and insistent)
4. Clio (dual horn, very loud and rough)
5. Corsa (very loud and piercing)

Who the hell pays professors/scientist to do these stupid pointless experiments?

sure I read in one of the renault brochures somewhere that the clio has 2 horns, 1 single one for clios and the dual one is for the renaultsport clios and the initiale.

Mine is certainly louder now than it was on my dynamique.

VaVa

My horn sounds ace. unfortunately, its so loud and deep its impossible to honk it without sounding like your pissed of about something!!