ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio being crap

Astra SRi T
my clio dynamique 1.2 16v seems to be very sluggish when i put my foot down there doesnt seem to be anything there, and i seem to be getting thru loads of fuel, trip comp reads 42mpg but i dont think its correct, im getting 50 miles off £10!!

theres no warning lights on ect..

my clio dynamique 1.2 16v seems to be very sluggish when i put my foot down there doesnt seem to be anything there

Seems normal for 75 stallions!
I test drove a black gold 182 yesterday and my 1.2 felt like a wet weekend afterwards, I think when its hot weather the 1.2's are very sluggish.
I would give it a good service new plugs etc, clean the air filter, check the coils.
Im getting around 75miles to a tenner booting it at the moment.

Breaking A 172 Replica
How hard do you drive it?

I drive mine pretty hard and never get more than 30 MPG (so 60 miles to your £10).

You do have to reset the Trip computer to get a reading as it just takes an average of how much fuel you have used since the last reset.

I have noticed that mine is effected by the heat ALOT and that the torque really goes. Not a problem if you keep it above 4.5k rpm all the time though ;)

Ph-Sold!
coil pack if it feels lumpy or oxygen sensor affecting the mix? How does a rag look if you put it over the exhaust?

Leon Cupra R 225
usually coil pack, change spark plugs etc.. get it to reno on the diagnostics if it's still really really sluggish.

I know your bound to get the it's slow coz its a 1.2 comments but I've had a 1.2 16v 75 ponies Expression ph2 and it was nippy one day then the next day extremely sluggish light there was no acceleration whatsoever, even 1.2's are meant to accelerate lol. I had coil pack replaced and it sorted the problem, well had it replaced 4 times in 2 years of ownership, god damn Renault!

1.2 16v
well, the heat makes a big diff for acceleration due to heat stroke, esp if your car has been in direct sunlight for a long time before it is driven, and secondly there is never much torque from our engines which is one thing the diesels have going for them but for the mpg 42 aint bad cos i used to get that but i noticed that it has gone up by 5mpg since i got an uprated filter which is way less restrictive...hope that helps

Less
oh comon, u can preach the whole science of a car, but at the end of the day ur car is not designed for speed. Its a 1.2, a slow car!!!!... if u want a fast car save ur money for a 2.0l

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I remember having a 1.2 curtousy car when i had my 182 and the fuel was worse on the 1.2.

ian

Astra SRi T
oh comon, u can preach the whole science of a car, but at the end of the day ur car is not designed for speed. Its a 1.2, a slow car!!!!... if u want a fast car save ur money for a 2.0l

i dont want it for speed thanks!!! and i do have 2.0L as well ! my point was that it has gone slugglish and powerless more so than its 1.2 engine usually is, so if you dont have anything of any use to say - shut up!

Astra SRi T
usually coil pack, change spark plugs etc.. get it to reno on the diagnostics if it's still really really sluggish.

I know your bound to get the it's slow coz its a 1.2 comments but I've had a 1.2 16v 75 ponies Expression ph2 and it was nippy one day then the next day extremely sluggish light there was no acceleration whatsoever, even 1.2's are meant to accelerate lol. I had coil pack replaced and it sorted the problem, well had it replaced 4 times in 2 years of ownership, god damn Renault!

thats exactly what mines like! whats the cost of coil packs now?

Leon Cupra R 225

sorry matey, wouldn't know, can't be loads tho?! I would imagine. mine was under warranty everytime it went back. once I had under 6 months left, I sold up.

exactly the same hear, it has good days and bad days!!

you may know it, clio?
get a good service?

i've heard people say like you get fast and slow verson of all the 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 etc?