ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio being driven like a dick at Croft

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Is he one of these people that thinks it’s clever to drive everywhere trying to get the back end to flick out?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
What a crap camera position
To be fair, there is a luggage bar in the Cayman that most guys use for camera mounts. So that's why its there . Agreed it doesn't work that great.

What an absolute weapons grade piece Mr Clio is. Probably thought he was being a right hero holding off a GT4.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Is it turbo’d?

I have no idea what’s going on but surely something’s broken? No way anyone would drive that badly

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
That’s horrific - that’s the kind of driving you see on a police chase programme...

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
two quotes from one of the group chats i'm in:

"That Clio lad is called Jordan.... Recons he is the best driver ever hahH"

"Just found out it's near the end of the day and he gave his mate a go that's never driven on track before"

So.... Jordan is either really stupid or really brave

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Would be nice if the marshalls/organisers actually got their black flags out and then asked him to never attend an event again.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If I was in the Porsche, I think I would have just backed off and let him go, or just done a drive through of the pit lane. Sod following someone like that.

Would be nice if the marshalls/organisers actually got their black flags out and then asked him to never attend an event again.

I don't think I've ever really seen anyone get pulled up for driving standards at a track day sadly. I've known people to get a black flag when it looks like there is an issue with their car, which is fair enough, but never for driving standards.

I've complained in the past about people that won't let you pass on the straights, even though you're way faster than them in the corners or, worse still, cuntish race drivers diving up the inside under brakes, but I don't think they've ever been spoken to to my knowledge. The marshals rarely seem to care unfortunately.

Swift Sport
I don't think I've ever really seen anyone get pulled up for driving standards at a track day sadly. I've known people to get a black flag when it looks like there is an issue with their car, which is fair enough, but never for driving standards.

I have, several times. Even by my standards though the guy in the video is an idiot.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The marshals rarely seem to care unfortunately.

I've only ever complained about another track-dayer once, in 15 years of track driving. Last month, at Brands.

I was run off the track by an absolute tool in a Mclaren 650/720/980/440 whatever. The TDO (Javelin) could not have given less of a s**t -- 'it's his first time on track' was their excuse, Marshall didn't even report it either. It was right in-front of his post on the entry to Druids. (Those that know, there's barely any space there.) I was fuming, he quite literally drove me off the track to the left, having pulled right on the exit of Paddock to let me through. Because he was in a Supercar they brushed me off, never mind the fact he'd ignored a lap and half of blue flags.

Wouldn't have moaned about the Clio though, as mentioned, a quick drive-through to sort.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I've only ever complained about another track-dayer once, in 15 years of track driving. Last month, at Brands.

I was run off the track by an absolute tool in a Mclaren 650/720/980/440 whatever. The TDO (Javelin) could not have given less of a s**t -- 'it's his first time on track' was their excuse, Marshall didn't even report it either. It was right in-front of his post on the entry to Druids. (Those that know, there's barely any space there.) I was fuming, he quite literally drove me off the track to the left, having pulled right on the exit of Paddock to let me through. Because he was in a Supercar they brushed me off, never mind the fact he'd ignored a lap and half of blue flags.

Wouldn't have moaned about the Clio though, as mentioned, a quick drive-through to sort.

A lot of mine have been with Javelin, so maybe it's a theme with them then. They didn't seem to give a s**t. My friend was driving my Clio on his first ever track day. Got hung out to try by a prick in an MX-5 race car that wouldn't back off on a straight to let us past, We ended up off-line when we got to the next corner, going too fast, so spun and went into the barrier. Only minor damage thankfully and my friend should have just backed out of it, but he was inexperienced and the guy in the other car could easily of backed off. Sadly the race folk are often the worst offenders for driving standards at track days though. I don't think they like it much when a bog-standard Clio on road tyres is faster than them though :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
A lot of mine have been with Javelin, so maybe it's a theme with them then. They didn't seem to give a s**t. My friend was driving my Clio on his first ever track day. Got hung out to try by a prick in an MX-5 race car that wouldn't back off on a straight to let us past, We ended up off-line when we got to the next corner, going too fast, so spun and went into the barrier. Only minor damage thankfully and my friend should have just backed out of it, but he was inexperienced and the guy in the other car could easily of backed off. Sadly the race folk are often the worst offenders for driving standards at track days though. I don't think they like it much when a bog-standard Clio on road tyres is faster than them though :ROFLMAO:

I wish my old Clio had a DRS button 😅

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
One of the reasons Goodwood is so, umm, good...you don't get choppers like this and, if you do, they're promptly pulled in and spoken to.

The only downside is the odd case of mistaken identity...I got pulled in once because a marshall had radioed in about a "black Renaultsport". I sat there for 5 minutes protesting my innocence while the guilty black Megane continued out on track :ROFLMAO:

They had strong words with him and wouldn't stop apologising to me once they realised though!

Reactions: MLB

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Wonder if he is a Croft regular, I do hope not as looking to do a day there in October.

Sympathetically shared it on Cliosport's facebook channel. It's a friend of mine driving the GT4. They politely asked us to take it down. However, figured it was a good lesson to all. If you're worried about videos of your car and people thinking it's you, be careful who you let out in your car or pax with them to reign it in. We've all done silly things. In the end, my friend agreed to take it down at the request of the owner.

Can't believe the Marshals didn't flag him. However, my friend pointed out all of that 'fun' happens on one lap so it's unlikely they'd of spotted it all.

Had a few kind words and offered a little advice to the Driver. He seemed nice enough. Then called me a 'bellend' for sharing it. My sympathy quota is now 0. Here is a clone of the vid from someone neither me or the GT4 owner know. Somewhat inevitable, I did suggest just leaving it and let it blow over. Hey ho...

Last edited: