ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio clutch rachet reset?

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
My clutch pedal went really hard so replaced clutch cable .clutch itawlf is fine.still very hard clutch cable when pressing clutch down so i removed the cable rachet adjuster and rebuilt it using a repaire kit online. I have set the adjuster up so its like there is a non weared clutch in the car (new). I attached the cable to the adjuster then attached cable to the clutch fork. But pedal is still very hard to push down. The rachet clicked once...still very hard to push down To the point it hurts your leg to push it down. Iv read online if i disconnect cable from the fork and push clutch pedal to floor then attach the cable in clutch fork it will auto adjust. I dont really want to do this as i belive the rachet got dammaged when the cable was removed off clutch fork and the rachet tensioned to the point the teeth come of the cog and is impossible to put back on without removing the whole rachet from clutch pedal whitch is a hour long swearing finger cutting process hopfully someone can help me as im at a total loss what else to do.

monaco 172
I'd just stick a genuine clutch in.

After reading this and your other thread it sounds like you've tried all options other than a genuine valeo clutch.

I'm gonna stick one in mine when the weather is a bit better l, it's heavy as hell which happens with these clutches as they wear

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Yeh but iv since put a 1.4 engine in my 1.2 shell but engine and clutch worked fine and was light in the 1.4 shell so clutch itself is ok. Im unsure how to reset the rachet on the clutch pedal. Im being told it could be clutch cable as its not genuine renault but surly a cable cant make it feel so hard to push down like ud need both legs to push it down it feels that hard

monaco 172
Maybe check the routing of the cable to make sure it's not getting trapped, squashing the cable inside the casing and it's routed correctly

monaco 172
The rachet on the clutch mechanism is an auto adjuster, well it is on the sport. To reset it you disconnect from the box and push the pedal up and down a few times and reconnect, but I can't see that having any effect on the stiffness of the clutch, unless the actual clutch pedal is siezed. Remove the cable from the box end and see if the pedal falls to the flood easily

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Pefal falls to floor i reset the rachet like u said first couple of pushes on clutch pedal felt better but got really still again.this is really strang

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Im going to take the clutch canle out of the 1.4 shell as the clutch worked fine and put it into my shell that way engine clutch is same ao will be cable and rachet is new and go from there if it does not fix it then i guess my old cable or old rachet has damaged clutch and its clutch pressure plate thats caulsing heavy pedal renault want £100 for a clutch cable lol

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Im going to take the clutch canle out of the 1.4 shell as the clutch worked fine and put it into my shell that way engine clutch is same ao will be cable and rachet is new and go from there if it does not fix it then i guess my old cable or old rachet has damaged clutch and its clutch pressure plate thats caulsing heavy pedal renault want £100 for a clutch cable lol

It was clutch cable i swapped for the 1.4 one and its light as a feather