ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup EFI remap with Ktec Induction and cat back Stealth

Clio 172 Cup
At EFI

Will update figures when Scoff has finished

Attachments

• A6D91812-854A-4CBA-8D49-84CB1839078A.jpeg
    A6D91812-854A-4CBA-8D49-84CB1839078A.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 3CF70C7A-063A-4D3B-9907-18A7DEC26FBA.jpeg
    3CF70C7A-063A-4D3B-9907-18A7DEC26FBA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
  dan's cast offs.
Was it the normal type they do or was yours the gt performance one? Remember see g the pic and sure someone said that's the one they do now?

Clio 172 Cup
Mines the one they have just released on their website it’s a different system to gt torque one I checked mine when it arrived

Good figures, i was there yesterday, 183hp/162lbft, the car is transformed driveablility wise, every gearchange is instant power without that bog down feeling you probably dont even notice until its been mapped, i am over the moon with mine for £179, ramair fatty kit + resonated miltek +decat. I also had a touch of over run added, not the silly pop and bangs crap, just the odd bang on shifting and downshifting.

R’highly recommend.

Clio 172 Cup
Couldn’t agree more it does transform the car good healthy figure you have there what Clio do you have ? Anyway guys here’s the map been a long day and expensive lol but good drive home ?

Attachments

• 5135211E-124F-486E-8A1D-F8F819074F49.jpeg
    5135211E-124F-486E-8A1D-F8F819074F49.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 166
  Clio 172 Cup
First map shows comparison to without induction kit and exhaust

Attachments

• 75C8CF76-196D-4601-96CC-F6DFAA68BD8F.jpeg
    75C8CF76-196D-4601-96CC-F6DFAA68BD8F.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 197
  Clio 172 Cup
No it’s the standard manifold and standard cat just cat back exhaust and ktec filter just had my belts done and the guy who done the timing is brilliant I think this is a major factor and a strong well looked after engine

Clio 172 Cup
Mr Blonde from what Chris was saying different cars respond differently to mods depending on timing ect but I guess the mapper plays a part too how they set up fuelling ect

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yep thats true,Andy at ED said i have strong healthy engine.I said that i reg change the oil & filter and maintain it,so that def helps things.ED also done the cambelt, clutch.

Good result tho mate,i will go to EFI next time if i have to get a map done.if i put different cams in or RS2 etc.

Clio 172 Cup
Your still good figures mate Chris was saying he sees some shocking cars 172 and 182 it’s good you have kept it like you have mate and these things we are the proof in the pudding. Would highly recommend Chris at efi not only is he a really nice guy and talks you through what he’s doing ect his work is brilliant and many will say what a good rep he has

Clio 172 Cup
That looks a lovely car mate, mileage is irrelevant buddy it’s the care that’s gone into the car servicing belts ect and shows she’s a cracker bro !!

That looks a lovely car mate, mileage is irrelevant buddy it’s the care that’s gone into the car servicing belts ect and shows she’s a cracker bro !!
Thanks, in the past two weeks its had a gearbox rebuild + valeo clutch kit (slight crunch into 3rd) a set of brand new speedline turinis and michelin ps3 tyres, fully undersealed, a paint correction detail and a map at efi parts.

Yours looks great too, i was looking at getting a cup but i really wanted a rb.

Clio 172 Cup
Wow ? that will be a good car for miles to come mate look after her I love the RB colour and said if I ever changed would be for an RB I went for a cup as had a 172 and a few 182s in previous years so wanted to try something different. How much was your paint correction been considering a professional detail when the weather picks up

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait to get mine mapped now, will be similar setup to yours, catback unresonated stealth, fatty induction and fresh belts with an RS lower inlet, AC and PAS delete. Hopefully the engine is still healthy

If it makes anywhere near 180 I'll be happy

Clio 172 Cup
Should see some decent figures with that set up mate especially with RS inlet can you still buy these they sound amazing

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Rs inlet (lower) came with some cars mate. Your thinking of the other expensive manifold.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
AI the SMS RS2 Inlet makes huge difference, give up a little peak torque for peak power but works well. Not sure I'd bother on a road car though. My track car runs 212bhp/159lbft on the RS2

@Rbdezlee my RB belts were done by Mick at Diamond and it ran 170bhp/147lbft at Surry rolling road on 190k ish.....I'd quite like to get Chris to remap it now I reckon just to see if I can squeeze more out of it!

AI the SMS RS2 Inlet makes huge difference, give up a little peak torque for peak power but works well. Not sure I'd bother on a road car though. My track car runs 212bhp/159lbft on the RS2

@Rbdezlee my RB belts were done by Mick at Diamond and it ran 170bhp/147lbft at Surry rolling road on 190k ish.....I'd quite like to get Chris to remap it now I reckon just to see if I can squeeze more out of it!
I really didnt think i would be able to tell the difference, but you definitely can, its the instant power after changing gear, theres just no flatspots and it feels to rev much more freely, i can definitely feel the extra torque too, the increase on the road feels more than it shows on the graph, im really impressed.

Clio 172 Cup
EFI building a good reputation to be fair and Chris really knows his stuff and a really nice bloke too takes time out to talk to and explain stuff

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah he's top bloke, has been in the Renault scene for years, its just his mk2 rep that's on the up and up now.#

As said the map on my track one is cracking and peak power for a stock internally engine is mega :)

@Rbdezlee your car does look lovely too, more motivation for me to sort my shed out

Clio 172 Cup
So went to Efi yesterday just to get Chris to check car over after having sports cat fitted. Needed to make a few adjustments but made a healthy 189.9 bhp and had a nice increase of torque around 4,500 rpm , power for seem reason has dropped a very slight bit right at the end but it’s so marginal it wouldn’t even be noticeable. As the car is never driven on the limit the mid range increase is more welcomed. Top work from Chris again and friendly and helpful as always 👍