ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Racer

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys im from méxico , im the proud owner of a Clio Cup Racer, but unfortunately there are not too much information for this car, this is my forth clio, i came from 3 , 172 phase 2 red, black and silver, if there is some information i can get from the dash board and the fuse box with those weird cables hehe i really appreciate, thank you guys :D

Attachments

• IMG_6580.jpg
    IMG_6580.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 246
  Clio Sport 172
Hehe sorry my friends, i didnt see that only upload one , the car is in paint process but i have a few more, the car has less than 3000 kilometers in his engine, only run 2 races around 2008, and then someone almost let them die untill i find it :)

Attachments

• IMG_6423 (1).jpg
    IMG_6423 (1).jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_6562.jpg
    IMG_6562.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_7170.jpg
    IMG_7170.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_7171.jpg
    IMG_7171.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_6449 (1).jpg
    IMG_6449 (1).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 303
  Clio Sport 172
any chance of a pic of your gearbox mount?

sadev, price one up, you'll poop when you see the price!!!!
i have this picture, i dont know if works for you, if not, the weekend i can take one closer.

Attachments

• IMG_6434.jpg
    IMG_6434.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 224
  Cup In bits
I'm pretty sure they ran Magnetti Marelli ECU so if you're looking for a diagnostics lead of some type I would contact them direct, or a local dealer.

Nice find BTW

Clio Sport 172
I'm pretty sure they ran Magnetti Marelli ECU so if you're looking for a diagnostics lead of some type I would contact them direct, or a local dealer.

Nice find BTW
This car only came to méxico for racing purpose, but for some reason only 3 of them have his legal papers for been here, the other few maybe 2-4 and one shell are ilegal hehe , yes they run magnetti marelli, but they have this kind of weird connections and i have one cable that fits there but i dont know his function

Attachments

• IMG_6436.jpg
    IMG_6436.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 157
  Cup In bits
This car only came to méxico for racing purpose, but for some reason only 3 of them have his legal papers for been here, the other few maybe 2-4 and one shell are ilegal hehe , yes they run magnetti marelli, but they have this kind of weird connections and i have one cable that fits there but i dont know his function

Sorry I can't be of more help, MM will have software to allow connection to a computer, being such a big company I wouldn't imagine you will get access.

Ahh okay, so is yours one of the "illegal" cars? Was you lucky enough to get some spares for it, I have a complete front suspension set up that I planned to keep as spares but decided to sell.

Clio Sport 172
Sorry I can't be of more help, MM will have software to allow connection to a computer, being such a big company I wouldn't imagine you will get access.

Ahh okay, so is yours one of the "illegal" cars? Was you lucky enough to get some spares for it, I have a complete front suspension set up that I planned to keep as spares but decided to sell.
Yes i allready send an email to MM thank you , mi car is 100% legal so its more expensive and become rare in this times and maybe the one with only 2-3 races on the list , my car really doesn't need to much , only the basics , timing belt, engine and transmission oil, tyres, a few bearings, electric fan and that spares are available here in méxico so at least everything looks fine, just the paint was bad, the car was painting with some cheap paint and looks horrible for my taste hehe but im working on that.

Mk Clio 1.8 16v
If it's an original ecu they are locked so you can't tamper with them. I think that's why most people ditch them when they become privately owned as you can't re map them without being unlocked. I was looking into buying a set up awhile ago as I've already got some parts just need the dash loom,ecu engine loom either that control box or make my own fuse board, but it all became exceivly expensive.

Clio Sport 172
If it's an original ecu they are locked so you can't tamper with them. I think that's why most people ditch them when they become privately owned as you can't re map them without being unlocked. I was looking into buying a set up awhile ago as I've already got some parts just need the dash loom,ecu engine loom either that control box or make my own fuse board, but it all became exceivly expensive.
Yes i didnt mean to bother the original ECU, honestly is a perfect reliable race car in my opinion, but i want to know if the connectors in the fusebox can be used for something, because i have one oem wire loom for that connectors , something like a Scan cable like other models do with the COM port.

Mk Clio 1.8 16v
have you got a picture of the port, the bits i got came with a computer cable that plugs in to read. if i can dig out any photos ill post them.

Clio Sport 172
Hi Costa_Mk1 this is the fuse panel and the ports.

Attachments

• IMG_6436 (1).jpg
    IMG_6436 (1).jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 132
  Mk Clio 1.8 16v
Looks like a DIN plug connector, not sure what you'd be able to read off that maybe load through the fuse if one was repeatedly having issues with?

Clio Sport 172
Maybe, i really dont know, in the dealer they can't tell me anything about the car hehe, it seems like someone stolled all the information from Renault Cup Racer edition hehe

Clio Sport 172
Hood Pins With key for safety purpose in exhibitions :D hehe
Because Race Car

Attachments

• IMG_9783.JPG
    IMG_9783.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 132