ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Customization Ideas and Advice?

Renault Clio
I've got a very basic clio, as you can see in the picture, i have never modified a car or anything so completley new to this, i want to do some body mods, allow wheels, bumpers, tinted windows and maaaaaybe maybe get it lowered a bit, like i said i have know idea how much it would all cost or if it would even look good so open to advice and ideas! Does anyone have any suggestions? Don't wanna do too much to it, anyone have an idea of costs as well?
car.png

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi James, firstly welcome to CS.

Secondly, you've uploaded the image wrong and it appears you've tried to upload it from your desktop.

Go to www.imgur.com > Upload the image > Once uploaded choose BBCode option and paste that in here.

Is this a first car, first insurance etc?

Renault Clio
Haha thank you i was struggling with that i gave up in the end, yes this is my first car so i'm not sure how much it is going to affect my insurance, what do i need to let my insurance company know? If i wanted to tint my windows would i have to let them know first? And how much is it going bump the insurance up, my insurance isn't very cheap at the momet anyway haha
hYrYUJl.jpg

Anything that the car does not leave the factory with must be claimed on Insurance ;)

Easiest thing to do is call them, and ask what a mod would cost to add. Make it clear that the mod HAS NOT been done yet so they don't charge you yet!

Renault Clio
Also any recommendations for insurance? I've literally just got the car so it's not insured or anything and the cheapest quote i got is £3,000!

How old are you and when did you pass your test?
I was insured with Adrian Flux (You get a Discount if you become a member on this forum) as a learner. I am insured with 1st Central currently, am 23 and have been driving for around 6 months.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
the cheapest quote i got is £3,000!
Welcome to young drivers policies mate! Literally every thing you do that it didn't leave the factory like, as @fairm010 pointed out, will bump your cost up.
Just enjoy the freedom for now.

Regarding cheap insurance, you may be better off getting a black box for a year. They're very good in all honesty, especially if you're getting 3000£ quotes.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Get membership and go with Adrian flux. They're good with modded cars too. £3k sounds a bit much. Look around and you will get lower quotes. If you've just passed your test, you should be looking at £1600-£1900 pa.

In reference to the modding, the car looks in good nick. With a 1.2 I'd keep it strictly cosmetic. Any performance mods will be shockingly bad value for money. Personally, I'd paint the bumper mouldings and door strips silver, get a sport grill and invest in a cup spoiler and skoda/standard splitter. But these are pretty common mods and I'd try to do something unique on top of that. Wrapping the bonnet gloss black works well on silver cars but again it's been done before. As long as you make sure the brake light in the cup spoiler works and you go for the standard Clio splitter, these mods shouldn't affect your insurance.

Welcome to cs and good luck.

Renault Clio
Cheers guys i'll keep you updated on the car, literally just got off the phone with adrian flux, i haven't actually passed yet, i got the car to practise in and build confidence haha, my driving instructor said i should be done by the end of july, i've gone with adrian flux on a provisional as a learner, when i pass i'll just have do a lot of looking around, as for the customizing, i was thinking of just doing little things to start off with maybe like getting the windows tinted, is that something you have to let your insurance company know because its just a little plastic layer that goes over the window?