ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI mind of its own!

Renault Clio DCi 65
Cruise control is not working but the light is staying on the dash now. Speed limiter works fine, sat in traffic today with the cruise control left switch on and the car automatically revved itself upto 5-6k with lots of black smoke followed out the back (poor guy behind me lol). So turned cruise off and turned car off and on again and automatically starts revving it's tits of again. Until the 4th try it finally stopped it, I don't dare turn cruise back on for this happening again and the engine possibly shitting itself. Car has now developed a diesel like knock need to see if it's possibly injector seals.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Turbo was reconditioned last year. First time it's ever done it and it hasn't done it since then on the way back from where I was

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Turbo had it. Seen it a few times. Your lucky it's switching off lol, and not running off the rev counter.
Diesel knock will possibly be something internal not happy with the high revs

either that out you messing about fitting cruise has disturbed wiring else where , caulsing the ecu to go nuts !

Renault Clio DCi 65
Soon find out if it does self destruct lol. Drove it a few more times since and it hasnt done it. If shes goes i hope its not infront of lots of people lol. Oil level seems fine as well.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Throw it into fifth and dump the clutch with handbrake/brakes on. Will stop It from running off. Unfortunately it may destroy the engine

only other way is block the inlet off but you won't have time to react

Pull the intake pipe off and feel for play in the shaft.

My van went into self destruct mode on the motorway. Pulled over stalled it. Left it 10 minutes and drove on, drove for atleast 3 weeks with that turbo still before it started rattling.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Pull the intake pipe off and feel for play in the shaft.

My van went into self destruct mode on the motorway. Pulled over stalled it. Left it 10 minutes and drove on, drove for atleast 3 weeks with that turbo still before it started rattling.

F4Rs don't do that ;)