ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCi

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Does anyone have any info on these (i.e problems, faults etc to look out for) as going to look at one this weekend plus a few more.
It's the mk2 facelift clio if that is any help too

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Everything is really easy and cheap to fix. Just look for air in the fuel line returning to the fuel filter. It could be early signs of injector failure which can be pricey.
Other than that I can't think of much which can't be sorted for under £50.

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Thanks for that. Been a viewed it and seems ok for money. Just one question though is that the glow plugs have recently been changed but the ignition coil light is illuminated whilst still driving. Any ideas anyone?

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
It's not on fuel system though as it's the ignition coil light that should go out after starting. It's only the heating of glow plugs to help start light not the actual fuel system

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Sorry didn't realise this is the same light as engine management. Before I make a decision I'll get him to get diagnostic on it to find fault code and see what it is

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Spoke to owner and he said it been on ever since changing glow plugs?? Could this be correct that it needs resetting??

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
could be some sort of wiring fault, if you are set on the car just make sure there is absolutely no loss of power under load, try 4th gear a 2000rpm to 4500rpm pull