ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI's... worth looking into? Tell me more :D

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Just checked and he's up in Leeds, way to far for me really, for a Diesal anyways LoL. So what's involved in the remap, can a local tuners do this or does it have to be a fully RR place?

Cheers

Just checked and he's up in Leeds, way to far for me really, for a Diesal anyways LoL. So what's involved in the remap, can a local tuners do this or does it have to be a fully RR place?

Its a thing which can easily go wrong or be incorrectly done you have to either do it right and spend the money or not at all.

Clio 200 Silverstone
I have a DCI 100 on 60k miles no probs with gear box or anything really for that matter.

Had it remapped and dyno'd at 126.9 BHP and 190.3 Ftlbs of Torque after map.

Clio dci
I have an 80 and i love it, will get it remapped in the end but gota save enough money, get loads mre mpg compared to my old car and its onli £450 insurance which i finks good as im onli 19 and tax from next year is £20

Clio DCi 100
Excellent info cheers mate :D

Will keep on looking around for an 80 DCI :)
You drive a corsa sport? i used to own one of those in sport blue, wrote it off in the rain one day lol

I hav a Dci 100 with a remap thats for sale atm, ive driven 50k in it (the cars done just under 70k) with no probs on the box at all.

No offence i'm sure you guys are very knowledgable, but it doesn't happen in every single case. Ive had no gearbox issues at all

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v
Yeah I've still got my Corsa, still refuses to break, only downside to it as such is 30mpg round town driving like a girl lol.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
How does the clutch hold up against the increased torque?!

im thinking of getting my 1.5dci 106 mapped?!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I had a DCI80.

Nice enough car. If you want something to comfortably get you around, get an 80 imo. Quite a bit faster than the 65.

I wouldn't get the 100 after hearing the problems they can incur with gearboxes, towards the end of my ownership (bought it on 12k, sold on 50k) even my 1st gear was starting to "pop" out of selection if starting quickly.

It's only a 1.5 so lighter than your usual 2.0 diesel hatches, handles quite well with decent tyres.

If you just want to buy one and modify it though, I would probably look into a 65, as they're a LOT more available, which means you'll get a better deal, and can spend the rest on modifying.

As I understand it, a remap and intercooler will take it to 100bhp, which will be quicker than virtually all 1.6s (bar things like Saxo VTS' and 106 GTis) until the top of 5th gear.

This is an 80 with a remap (had 110hp apparently).

0-100mph.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tyH_BCFZw_E

1500rpm in 3rd to 4000rpm in 4th. (This is the strong point, I did 10 minutes on the Nurburgring with a standard 80, I imagine it would be 9:30 with 110hp)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9sisSJLLQ

BMW M4; S1000 RR
When I was at the ring with the Clio, me and edde did 2 consecutive laps to see what MPG we would get.

Reset the trip computers in the car park.

Set off, did 2 laps, drove back to the car park.

30mpg:D

Rediculous imo.

I did have an average of 27mpg in later ownership (when it was remapped and flat out at 120mph for a few minutes).

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
easily get 70mpg out of our 65 on the motorway. might intercool it soon if its worth it.

£20 tax FTW!

I wouldn't get the 100 after hearing the problems they can incur with gearboxes, towards the end of my ownership (bought it on 12k, sold on 50k) even my 1st gear was starting to "pop" out of selection if starting quickly.

If you just want to buy one and modify it though, I would probably look into a 65, as they're a LOT more available, which means you'll get a better deal, and can spend the rest on modifying.
The 100 box is differenct than the 65 and 80 type so yopurs poping out probably showed worn mounts not gearbox fault the 100's are a different type opf box.

easily get 70mpg out of our 65 on the motorway. might intercool it soon if its worth it.
Not realy going to help with anintercooler

Custom intercooler doesn't realy matter just get a good sized one or one form a tunned small jap car which runs loads of boost and you'll be fine.

With a intercooler and hard mapping (not what I'd recomend ie taking it to the limit) 130hpish could be done. but your better of at about 110 to 120hp the torque is the issue the clutch won't take it long term although depends how much you run.

185lb/ft dCi
i'm taking my 65 with 100 IC installed to RStuning tomorrow, should hopefully see around 95hp with a good 210nm torque! :)

EDIT: thanks for the info edde! never fails to amaze!

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely the zetes tdci fiesta is a much better bet? Ok it's costs more but has a 1.6 turbo.

185lb/ft dCi
erm it has around 95hp doesn't it rollo? I think it would be a nice choice when remapped, maybe on par with clio dci100 remapped.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
aparently get 120ish easily as the focus (same engine) has that as standard.

aparently get 120ish easily as the focus (same engine) has that as standard.

1.6 engine so 100cc ish more its completly different engine ones built by ford the other by Renault.

Injectors and pump are different turbo is similar to a degree from memory.