ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Dynamique SX 1.2 TCE 100 air filter

Hi, does anyone know if its possible yet to purchase a K&N (or other make) Panel air filter for the new 07 model clio dynamique TCE 100 1.2 SX?

Cheers,

Josh

Fiesta ST2
yes mate i got one for mine its a K&N 57i just get the one for the 1.4/1.6 engine. sounds mint you'll hear the turbo spooling up like mad! but you might get a little thing called goose honk!

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
hello again josh. if i was you id look at K&N as they do sell a panel filter for the 1.2 tce now. I also no that a company called ITG are seeling the best panel filter for about 55 pound. its a bit pricy as filters go but belive me they do sound the buisness lol.... i am currently toying with the idea of a sealed induction kit for mine atm

Photo-0023.jpg

Ive been trying to get my head around any kind of induction kit to fit mine but after hours of pondering i think the only way to do it is to take the whole airbox system ut and use a 70mm 90 degree bend stright from the exhisting pipe from the turbo intake and have the induction kit facing down toways the bulk head and then run the rest of the induction pipes back round to follow the same rought as the old pipework. if any body else has fitted a kit to a 1.2 tce please let me know as im desperate to fit 1 lol..
many thanks

320d
I'd try and find an exhaust system and decat, the sound awsome on turbo cars well any car for that matter

id change my exhaust but looking at the cat set up behind the block i thought i beta leave it like how it is atm . ive got the sports exhaust installed though. which made a bit of difference to the sound and now the exhaust does sound like its got a mild anti-lag system in between gear change and when revving. but other than that don't i really wanna touch the exhaust system as it is already stainless. U having any luck with the cda yet mate. a mate has offered me his for 80 quid but need to no how your getting on with it on yours before i buy lol

E30 318iS x2
K&N do a filter as do ITG but as standard panels they dont make any noise.

K&N to a 57i kit which uses the original CAF and has a slim cone on the where the airbox is but its one of those things that just sucks in hot air and does you no favours.

Pipercross are looking for a 1.2 TCE to faf about with for a few days and you get a free induction kit at the end of it?

@ClioSX: haven't got around to it yet but going to Merlin soon to measure up and buy some pipe. From what I can tell its a 90degree 70mm aluminium bend and a 70mm (bore) connecting hose all of which comes to around £28. When I get it and sort it will get pics up.

already tried pipercross and i was booked in for it to go n get tested but they cancled due to there not being a high demand !!!!!!!, but ill let u no if i hear anything. ive got the k&n Panel filter and theres no point it dont do anything except give u goose honk if your dump valve is a bit worn. let us no how u get on with the induction kit. cheers

White Sti Hatch
Who needs a pre made kit getyourself a BMC CDA kit and a reduce and bobs your uncle and *****s your aunt !

E30 318iS x2
^^ What I did but fitting didn't work was too little space for it with out cutting OEM pipes which I'm not keen on. There is a possible option of taking the engine cover off and running hose around the back and (with some heat sink to protect it) housing it over the engine then running it to the CAF but alot of hosing and a fair bit of ££ I CBF to spend, kinda like my car being subtle so just went for a ITG to compliment the remap I'm going for.

Heres a pic any way:

inductionaj6.jpg

The TCE has an charge cooler meaning any cool air that is taken in is made racing hot any way before being re cooled, so surely hot engine air wouldn't matter as it would be cooled and condesned in the charge cooler any way?

White Sti Hatch
After speaking with andy at GDI your best bet at all is to reroute the CAD to say a Fog as the standard CAF is very restricitve !

E30 318iS x2
Just a tad. I got fogs on the new one. Not that fussed any more, would rather sell it and put money towards a remap.

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
i have ITG and works well. you can hear the difference at higher rpm.

why fit a 57i... you will just get lots of hot air pulled in unless you route it somewhere ... enclosed...

what the hell is goose honk ? all i hear is a nice watshh....

White Sti Hatch
Still dont see why you want front fogs on a car there Pointless, mine are never on even if it is foggy ! CAFs from there FTW !

Mk3 Clio dynamique SX
pointless... fog lights are for foggy conditions... hardly pointless! the reses can also be used for cold air feed. so usefull id say. lol

White Sti Hatch
pointless... fog lights are for foggy conditions... hardly pointless! the reses can also be used for cold air feed. so usefull id say. lol

Or for Chavy t***s drving round with them on at night ! they are pointless....end of.:quiet: