ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio ECU Faulty?

Recently had my car back from the mechanics (due to a bad headgasket failure that needed a lot of work done) and I've tried to test out a new ECU reader.
Got a little Bluetooth thing that plugs into the OBDII port and beams all the engine info to your phone e.g. temp, throttle etc. etc. and it works fine on other cars I've tested it in, however the Clio is another story. It plugs in fine and there's power to the module via the OBDII port however it just doesn't connect/ interface at all with the ECU.

Does this mean the ECU is faulty? Any signs I should look out for that would tell me it's the ECU?

Additionally, the OBDII port is very loose (you can wiggle it about), I'm not sure this is supposed to be like that so it could be the OBDII port.
Any one have any experience with these things?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
My diagnostic machine cost £2000 it works on everything, you have bought a Chinese made fault code reader that possibly won't read every fault/every system on every car.

Chances are it's the reader at fault then. Cheers.

I'd have thought the garage would have picked it up if it wasn't working anyway.