ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio edc gearblx problems

Clio edc
Hi anyone had these codes from gearbox and could a software update sort it or is it new clutches it only started after bad snow we had breaks at back were a bit stuck on . Seen some post saying they replaced battery and never had it come up again I tested battery its 11.8v engine off .

Clio edc
These are codes

Attachments

• 16124505496561918125914804790772.jpg
    16124505496561918125914804790772.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 98

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
They are very fussy cars if the battery isn't strong.

I've seen so many reports of Wierd faults going away with a new battery fitted so I'd say that's the first task.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Hi anyone had these codes from gearbox and could a software update sort it or is it new clutches it only started after bad snow we had breaks at back were a bit stuck on . Seen some post saying they replaced battery and never had it come up again I tested battery its 11.8v engine off .
That sounds low. Should be 12.5 - 13.5v really. Get someone to start the car whilst you measure the voltage.

As Daz says, a low battery causes some very strange faults, and from what I've seen batteries are only lasting 3-5 years ish. So if yours hasn't been replaced then I'd defo go with that first

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mine was on the face of it a healthy battery but kept pinging up gearbox fault (especially on cold days!) changed the battery and it’s been good since.