ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Engine Problems

Hi, im new to this website, you lot seem to know your stuff, anyhow, ive been driving fo nearly two years, im on me second clio 1.2 16v, this one is just coming up to a year old, 18,000 miles on the clock, recently the engine has been coughing and stuttering as if shes about to stall, then clears and drive fine for a wile, then above happen again, any suggestions?

Renault have changed the sparks (apparently) they have changed some switch for the brakes (apparently) now how the brakes effect this i dont know. can ayone help me????:mad:

172 cup'd extreme

does it do this at idle? my 1.2 did this cured it by changing the plugs and cleaning the trottle body it still coughs but not as bad, its a common prob with the df7

Had what sounds like a similar issue to this the other week and it turned out to be the plugs. Changed them and everything is fine.

There quite a large number of 1.2 problem.

Get it back it might be the ECU programming or the throttle body or the wiring.

H22A7 Accord Type R

yea could be the wiring, common fault for the metal cover at the back of the engine to rattle about and rub through the wiring loom......im on my 2nd clio too, and BOTH cars went in for that fault.

Rob.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

my parents one (03, 30k miles) had this the other week. Apparently they fitted modified spark plugs?!

Quote: Originally posted by Louise on 12 December 2004

my parents one (03, 30k miles) had this the other week. Apparently they fitted modified spark plugs?!
There arnt any modified one probably just different design to help limit the problems the 1.2 has.

The 1.2 seem to go thought spark plugs a bit quicker than the servicing indicates.

she does it anythin up to 3000rpm, like but like tonite she was doin it so i redlined her for 3 miles, a fresh engine would be nice, maybe get get her blown up before warrenty . . .

EVO VII

my brothers g/f had this problem, renault changed the plugs still does it they now say it could be injectors or ECU :(

each time its in there charging £25 for insurance on C/car :mad:

this is def a coil problem. I had the same thing on my 1.4s, and after changing the plugs, ecu, injectors they finally decided it was the coil. ran fine til i sold it and got the 182... :D

My 1.2 had this problem, They done the coil pack and it didnt work, it turned out that they had to replace the wiring loom, it was fine after that.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Try the map sensor - 8200121800 £77.06. There is a RE-CALL for this particular model were they re-programme the ECU due to stalling at low revs. The brake pedal switch was a re-call and will have been done due to procedure. It may be the coil pack and leads 8200084407 £49.20 or the TDC sensor 7700101969 £17.65 - Another cause could be a faulty throttle body - i have all these bits if your stuck. If all else fails get it on the "CLIP" diagnostic computer and get it diagnosed properly.