ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio epas full kit with controller & DCI rack

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
How much should I be paying for epas kit with the controller?

And also a dci rack ?

Is it worth putting dci rack or is the 182 ok ?

Thanks

Finch

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I too would like to know this. I opted for a dci rack and that was from eBay at £25 which I think is the going rate. The controller again on eBay looks to be around the £35-40 mark. I'm struggling to lock down an EPAS rack and ECU. seem to be about £80-£100 but when communicating with the breaker of what I want they never fill me with confidence that I'm going to get everything I ask for.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I've been offered the complete kit including dci rack for £200 , comes with the.controller

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I too would like to know this. I opted for a dci rack and that was from eBay at £25 which I think is the going rate. The controller again on eBay looks to be around the £35-40 mark. I'm struggling to lock down an EPAS rack and ECU. seem to be about £80-£100 but when communicating with the breaker of what I want they never fill me with confidence that I'm going to get everything I ask for.

I have a EPAS ECU for sale?

I recently sold a complete kit just needing the ebay controller to complete for £80. The 1.2, 1.4 and DCI Clios all have the same EPAS column and ECU.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a EPAS ECU for sale?

I recently sold a complete kit just needing the ebay controller to complete for £80. The 1.2, 1.4 and DCI Clios all have the same EPAS column and ECU.
What have you got for sale? just the ECU or the column aswell?

Why are the controllers so expensive on here when they are £40 on eBay, what's the difference?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Who sells controllers on here? Thought people just bought the kit off Ebay.

I only have a spare EPAS ECU for sale now with the correct plugs that have been cut from the loom @VenomUK

20201010_152930.jpg

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Who sells controllers on here? Thought people just bought the kit off Ebay.

I only have a spare EPAS ECU for sale now with the correct plugs that have been cut from the loom @VenomUK

View attachment 1500633

These are what I’ve been linked too from here in the past.

Can you explain what each plug does please. Blue is the one that goes to the motor isn’t it. What does the black and the rectangle one do or used for?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@ZachB That picture above of the ECU, could you tell me what each plug is for please? I'm guessing the blue blue is the cable that connects the ECU to the column motor?

@ZachB That picture above of the ECU, could you tell me what each plug is for please? I'm guessing the blue blue is the cable that connects the ECU to the column motor?
Blue is from the motor, black is power from battery and ground, rectangle connects the column to the ecu and there is also a small power and ground. The instructions that come with the kit will tell you which colours do what and where to splice them. What wiring tools do you have?

In the non sports there is wiring from other areas going to the steering ecu that you dont use. You only need to think about the kit, 4 wires go from the plug into the box of tricks, then those 4 wires connect to the column. The 2 other wires are power and ground.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Zach is probably best placed to answer your question. I have never fitted EPAS, just had the kit ready to fit on my track car, which I have now sold. It is my understanding that it is fairly straightforward to wire up. There are plenty on here that have done it.

@VenomUK You need to check if you have this wiring already in your loom, you can then source a non sport bulkhead loom which has the rest of the oem wiring, then you only have to splice the small wires from the kit to the column.

IMG_0998.JPG

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@ZachB I think I understand. So what should I be asking the bloke at the breakers to keep connected?

Blue plug - shouldn't be cut and connected to the motor its blue sheath.
Black plug - just need a length of cable attached so that I can add on and run it to power and ground.
Rectangle - shouldn't be cut and should still be connected to the column?

Where is this small power and ground cable found and the kid you speak of is the one off of eBay/inferno?

The wire in your pic, where would I find these? My Clio is currenlty stock by the way.

I didnt see you'd quoted that post I made on the column from ebay sorry. The picture of the wiring Im holding and one other wire that I may have (I need to find it) combined with the column and ecu with the ebay kit you posted is what you need. I can send you the the power and earth wires (pictured) so you dont have do any crimping, I have spare 50/60a fuses (forgot which they are) as well.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I didnt see you'd quoted that post I made on the column from ebay sorry. The picture of the wiring Im holding and one other wire that I may have (I need to find it) combined with the column and ecu with the ebay kit you posted is what you need. I can send you the the power and earth wires (pictured) so you dont have do any crimping, I have spare 50/60a fuses (forgot which they are) as well.
I would appreciate that. I have purchased one the racks from the eBay posting you posted and just asked him to keep the wires attached as I wasn't sure what it was I needed. If you message me I will sort out some postage and some extra for your troubles.

I would appreciate that. I have purchased one the racks from the eBay posting you posted and just asked him to keep the wires attached as I wasn't sure what it was I needed. If you message me I will sort out some postage and some extra for your troubles.
No problem but you need to check first if you have that wiring! Because my 182 loom didnt but 172 cup loom I had did

It will be near where the steering ecu would be to the right of the column if so.

Last edited:

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No problem but you need to check first if you have that wiring! Because my 182 loom didnt but 172 cup loom I had did

It will be near where the steering ecu would be to the right of the column if so.
I will check and let you know. Mines a non cup 172 so not holding my breath