ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio gone new car arrived

clio 182 cup
well got it last week, gone for something newer and with warrnaty and got it quiet cheap. heres some pics anyway
fiestast010.jpg

fiestast013.jpg

fiestast002.jpg

clio 182 cup
yeh getting black cosworth alloys, big brakes few engine mods eventually a turbo. maybe black vinyl roof not sure yet and full roll cage that wont be just yet though

clio 182 cup
not as quick as the 182 but 2nd and 3rd seem to pull a little better than the 182. hopefully should be around 200bhp in the near future

2002 172 monaco blue
nice, hows the performance??? should be a lot slower than a cliosport

wiley

clio 182 cup
not as quick at 1st but seems to pull abit better in 2nd and 3rd. alot quieter though but i had a milltek staright through with decat and pipercross viper so it will be. alot smoother to drive than the 182

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
interior designer fiddled around with his to 180bhp, much better and more responsive. The engine is crying out to be released in stock guise!!

alot of bhp for not alot of coin.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not a fan. By Fords own admission, built and designed to compete against the 206gti, not the 182. A 182 would be a fair bit quicker.

Renaultsport 200
Oh dear. Your going to have to spend a few quid to get it to go like your old 182. ST always look like they are sitting on stilts. As you can tell Im not a fan of the ST's

You say you wanted something with a warranty? When you mod it to the hilt you will destroy the warranty.

You could have had a 197 for the same sort of money, that would go round a corner far better than this out of the box, and if you like modding you could have modded that. (Fair enough you cant mod a 197 as much as a ford but still.)

Sorry mate, a bit negative there but all in my opinion of course.

clio 182 cup
if i was going to get the 197 id of wanted the f1 which are all over 10k i got this for 8 so im happy with it, the clio didnt seem reliable i just couldnt trust it :( i did love it though

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
if i was going to get the 197 id of wanted the f1 which are all over 10k i got this for 8 so im happy with it, the clio didnt seem reliable i just couldnt trust it :( i did love it though
Never understood this. On my 5th clio RS, only now am I facing a serious problem, which could of happened to any car. All been very reliable for me.

clio 182 cup
i had mine for about 5 months, the rear abs sensor went, passenger bottom ball joint. airbags and service lights always came on, the drivers side cluncked when on full lock,and then the driveshaft on my way home about 10 hours before i was trading it in :( lights were always poppin up on my dash. apart from th faults i loved it. but like i say i just couldnt trust it. also not having a spare made me abit worried tyre weld cant fix a blow out lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i had mine for about 5 months, the rear abs sensor went, passenger bottom ball joint. airbags and service lights always came on, the drivers side cluncked when on full lock,and then the driveshaft on my way home about 10 hours before i was trading it in :( lights were always poppin up on my dash. apart from th faults i loved it. but like i say i just couldnt trust it. also not having a spare made me abit worried tyre weld cant fix a blow out lol
Sounds like you had one that had been treated badly before you. I did nearly 50k in my 182, including 5 track days, never had any probs outside of routine maintenance.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
the st is aimed at a different market to the 182 imo, we do alot of work on the st, usual mods people do are cams, 4-1 milltek manifold and system, induction kit and a remap sees 180bhp+

done a few supercharged conversions now, think were at kit number 25 now, proved to be very popular as its carried out in a day.

nice colour choice :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Hate them. Loads of n*bheads round here have them, think they are rapid, epic fail.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Not bad not bad. Gear chane is much nicer in the ST then the CS. Should be pretty quick when the mods are on :)

for some reason i could never own a fiesta but that is a very nice looking car

8k seems a good price

clio 182 cup
yes definetly a lot smoother to drive, definetly dosnt seem as much grunt but thats proberly because i had a full milltek decat with the silencer removed on the clio lol

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My brother has one and i adore it. He has a Full miltek, Cosworth Cams and a Viper Induc kit. It goes very well indeed, pulls alot stronger than before.

In standard guise that airbox is very restrictive. I would recommend the full Mountune kit for it if you have the cash. takes it to 185bhp and sounds like a WRC rally car.

Id have one in a minute, my brothers hasnt got a sunroof though?!?