ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio hazards wnt turn off :S

Mk5 golf gti
my girlfriends mate was leaving work in her 1.2 2002 clio when she decided to say thankyou to someone who let her out by pushing her hazards in LOL
anyway when she tried pushin it back in it wasnt staying in so the hazards wont switch off
what do you suggest
ive just taped it up for now
anyone had this before
can you just pop the hazard button off an replace it if this needs doing????
gonna ave a go tomoz as im taking my 172 for a blast wit new decat :D
cheers peeps

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
The panel with the three little switches just pops out mate then you can take em off. As a temp solution you can just remove the switch IIRC

Common problem IIRC, Just buy a new one and fit it/or a 2nd hand one.

We had some laughs with my mates broken one "push it and your dead".. push.

Mk5 golf gti
Common problem IIRC, Just buy a new one and fit it/or a 2nd hand one.

We had some laughs with my mates broken one "push it and your dead".. push.

haha i can imagine
one of my mates dads was a driving instructor
an when he passed his test his dad gave him his old test car.a metro with dual peddle controls
he used to get terrorised when giving people a lift home
constantly hittin the break an clutch in the passenger pit loool
cheers for the feedback ill get it sorted tommorow :D

Mk5 golf gti
could be the switch, could be the uch box under the glovebox.

Lets hope its the switch :)

just the switch cos its not clicking back in
but does switch off wen held in
so the switch is dud catch must be broken or summet

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Deffo!, i doubt it would be that expencive from renault, Delivered!, its only a switch!, mine does this and i also need a new one, will pick one up when i am next at the scrappy, i just disconnected the cable from the back for the time being.

PH-QUICK
My hazards come on randomly for about half an hour once every month or so, no idea what causes it... very strange tbh

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
dodgie spring allowing it to release after it has moved around a little form bumps, pot holes etc? .. just an idea?, new switch would cure it i imagen.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Deffo!, i doubt it would be that expencive from renault, Delivered!, its only a switch!, mine does this and i also need a new one, will pick one up when i am next at the scrappy, i just disconnected the cable from the back for the time being.

Are you sure? ;)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
at a guess, its a small 1 function button, on and off, cant be expensive! .. anyone want to check renault to see if im wrong?