ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio head on meg block?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Anyone got any info on fitting/or has fitted a 172/182 head to a meg 225 block, is there any modifications required on the cambelt side? just looking at options prior to conversion

Thanks

Clio Sport 182
Anyone got any info on fitting/or has fitted a 172/182 head to a meg 225 block, is there any modifications required on the cambelt side? just looking at options prior to conversion

Thanks
Yes, I have a 182 head on a 225 block. Using a 182 timing belt - tensioner needed to be relocated slightly and the tensioner spring slot machined further.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: npt

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Do you have any pics off the modifications/your set uo at the timing side? Im fitting a meg eng/box to my 172cup this winter, but thinking on going with the clio top end as there is more off the shelf stuff regarding the manifold/downpipe etc

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
how come you want to do it?
Ive got a full megane as a donor car, and looking to complete the conversion later this year on my 172 cup, just looking at options atm, more parts that are easily available if i used clio top end, not 100% sure on best route to take tbh

dan's cast offs.
plenty of ways around it.

full engine and box swap but would need to sort shafts out and hydraulic clutch.
turbo and manifold straight on clio engine and box. run it low boost. no messing with shafts or clutch.
as above but with megane pistons in clio engine. can run more boost that way.
as above but fit megane box to clio engine. bit of messing but not that bad to do.

whatever way you do it you can run it on the standard clio ecu so that again will save a bit of messing with looms etc.