ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio idea's?

2001 Clio 1.2
Hey, right i'm new to this but got my first Clio, first car even a couple weeks back.
Its a 2001 Clio 1.2 16v and I'm just looking for some idea's of what I could do too it to make it more personalized...

Here are some pics:-
IMG00105-20110714-1357.jpg

IMG00103-20110714-1356.jpg

IMG00106-20110714-1357.jpg

IMG00104-20110714-1357.jpg

Hit the curb a little with the second from last picture as you can see, whoops...
but headlights i want changing, they have gone cloudy. I also want to change the aerial too, but just looking for any good suggestions at the moment.

Last edited:
  Jap Box
i'm afraid the sport badge was added by somebody previously

welcome though

Wrong :rasp: this is a Clio Sport, they came from Renault like this, its basically a PH1 with PH2 dynamique seats and spoiler, sport headlights, fogs, 16v and a pile of interior extras such as electric windows. Basically one of the last PH1 models where Renault went into the parts bin and whacked it all together.

As for personalising, you could do these:

Colour code side strips, fogs, spoiler + dorr handles
Wind deflectors
Lower
New alloys? I had them on my previous clio though and their not too bad :)
Clear side repeaters
Silvervisions
Headunit, speakers etc
PH2 rear lights

With the fron lights, dont throw and swap, follow the guide on here to restore them, be a lot cheaper.

Heres a link to some pics of my car if you like :) progress starts at the top and the last pic is where the car is at now :) hope it helps.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...MK2-1.2-Capsicumm-(Very-pic-heavy)&highlight=

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
  Jap Box
They never had "sport" badges though.

They did, in that position, thres been loads of them pop up on here with the badges in the exact place.

You might be mixing the version up with the "S" model, which is another sport model, without the badge. Either way the badge looks pants.

They did. Small ones on the B pillars.

I thought that was only Campus models?

2001 Clio 1.2
As for personalising, you could do these:

Colour code side strips, fogs, spoiler + dorr handles
Wind deflectors
Lower
New alloys? I had them on my previous clio though and their not too bad :)
Clear side repeaters
Silvervisions
Headunit, speakers etc
PH2 rear lights

With the fron lights, dont throw and swap, follow the guide on here to restore them, be a lot cheaper.

Heres a link to some pics of my car if you like :) progress starts at the top and the last pic is where the car is at now :) hope it helps.

Yeh i have had a few people tell me to get it lowered, so at one point when i have the cash i probably will do.

In a few weeks time when i get money ill be getting a sub for the boot (looking at 'edge twin subs 2x900watts + amp + wiring kit' from halfords, but if anybody has any other better idea's for subs please let me know). The car it-self already came with a head unit, pretty basic job no input for ipod either via a usb or aux port, atm i'm using a belkin radio transmitter which connects straight to the ipod via a channel on the radio (only downside is that i receive alot of static most of the time) so might invest in a ipod compatible head unit.

How do you restore the headlights, anybody got a link?

And cheers for the suggestions

BlackGold 182
Headlights, wet and dry sand paper up to around 2500grit then polish it up, personally I think without a machine its impossible to polish up enough lol

e92 330i
If it was mine, I'd colour code everything, pop it on some eibachs, fit some oz f1s, get some hids bulbs, areo wipers and take that sport badge off.

Ph1 Williams No: 112
There are many mods that have already been said such as lowering, set of wheels and a splash of colour here and there to get you started; But the clue is in the question on how you personalize it. only you can do unique things to it that no-one else has to make it yours.

just make sure you dont fall in the trap of being a sheep, as you'll look like everyone else still.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I have a full alpine system forsale if your interested PM me HU, Amp and Sub.