ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III 1.2TCE Remap

58 Dynamique S 1.2 TCE
Hi, I am looking at getting mt TCE remapped. What are peoples experiences with getting this done.

-What other mods are there to increase handling, already had it lowered.

Thanks, Cannot afford a 197 /200 yet.

Black Clio GT
remapping the tce will get you about an extra 25hp which is limited by the injector output as there running close to max on standard output...
adding an exhaust, filter and uprated injectors will help push up the power alittle, then your into fmic and uprated turbo which starts getting more expensive than running an rs!!!
guess its on standard shocks, getting some uprated ones will help with the handeling, also some spacers and a proper suspension set up with camber bolts/shims is somthing to think about at the same time!!
just spent over a grand there for you lol

320d
I'd just stick to a standard off the shelf remap. I'd also look at getting some coilovers, properly set up as mat said.

Mini Cooper S
I've pussied out of getting a remap. Too many varying opinions of whether or not the engine can handle more power. It seems that a mid range increase is fine, but top end is a nono.

My advice would be to enjoy the car for what it is, save your dollar and put it towards a 197/200 for when it's affordable.

320d
I've pussied out of getting a remap. Too many varying opinions of whether or not the engine can handle more power. It seems that a mid range increase is fine, but top end is a nono.

My advice would be to enjoy the car for what it is, save your dollar and put it towards a 197/200 for when it's affordable.

The Clio TCE is ok for a 1.2, it has the torque of the 1.6 K4M it replaced and its delivered a bit earlier too so it feels ok to drive. I agree its probably better to just leave it as it is and wait for an upgrade in car. Standard CS response but as everybody knows the injectors are a limiting factor and the turbo is tiny too.

58 Dynamique S 1.2 TCE
Which uprated shocks would you recommend? And also which spacers have people used. Am going to save for coilovers, not sure what make.

Black Clio GT
Which uprated shocks would you recommend? And also which spacers have people used. Am going to save for coilovers, not sure what make.

what make springs have you got??
i use fk automotive spacers, venom motorsport are pretty competative with price but width will depend on your taste/how you want to set the car up...

Black Clio GT
any width will improve handeling but try to keep the width the same front and rear or wider on the front.
25mm front and rear, set camber at -2 degrees rear and max negative degrees on the front looks awesome. you will need shims for the rear (or washers if you want to do it pikey) and camber bolts for the front (these give around -1.5 degrees)

seen as you have good springs i would recomend koni sports which are adjustable (hard/soft) around £450 for a set of 4!
bilstein b8s are also a good product but fixed rate damping at depending on where you get them, the same sort of price!!!