ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III first service?

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport
My girlfriend has a clio mk3 1.4 dynamique s, just coming up to 12 months old. The trip computer says another 6000 miles till it needs servicing (its done 12,000) and I believed service needed to be done at 18,000.

However, just booked the car in for couple of minor warranty bits and they reckon it needs servicing at 12 months at a cost of £235! Whats the official line on servicing these cars to maintain warranty, is it time based or miles based? Are they just trying it on?!

Thanks
Tom

SchwepTek™
My Mk2 Ph2 Clio Dynamique only needed servicing every 20k miles compared to 1*2s 12k so its probably different for Mk3s too.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
mk2 every 2 years or 12k mk3 every year! sound like renault want to make more money :(

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport
does sound a bit like money making. Bet they make a fair old profit on basically what will be an oil change for £235!!

To be honest car probably needs service, its an ex-hire car so probably not had the easiest life

Mk3 SX
My dash computer on mine says 16,000 miles til my next service so i will get it serviced near that time, prob nearly do about 18,000 a year anyway so either way i'll be getting a service in about a year or so. Got my last clio services at Renault, basically charged me £250 for an oil change, won't get it done at renault this time though.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
on the mk2 mph 2 it was 12k for the first coupl eof years then it became 18k on the last of them. but i'll just keep getting it serviced every year lol, its only £140 for a service and MOT at parks. and they done a good job the last time. even washed the car. plus its a renault stamp in the book.