ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio immo problem

1.6 clio mk2 ph2
hi, looking for some advise please.
So about a month ago i go to start my car and nothing happened. All the relevant lights came on just wouldn't turn over. I noticed the immo light stayed solid red and if i turn the ignition off and quickly back on it would turn over for about 3 seconds (without sign of firing) and cut out. So i checked the relays under the bonnet, changed the battery in the key and charge the car battery and it still had the same problem. A friend put me in touch with a renault auto electrician who spent 4 hours checking the car he said he had checked all the loom and was certain it was the ecu. So i found an ecu and lockset from a breakers with the same part numbers and fitted them and its made no difference what so ever. I find it hard to believe that this ecu has the exact same problem so i'm at a loose end. I feel like taking a baseball bat to it just to feel better but i really need the car and i'm skint at the mo. any advise would be great

thanks

ps the car is a 1.6 clio mk2 ph2

Clio 182
Ignition on.
Hold central locking button and put foot on throttle until you hear a beep then take finger off button and foot off throttle then press throttle down again then off then turn ignition off and back ok
This work all the time on my mk2 ph2

Clio 182
Im sure you can get an imobilizer bypass kit (someone correct me if im wrong) but that could be the way to go mate

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Personally i'd suggest you get a second opinion cos these things rarely end up being the components like the ECM and turn out to be wiring or CAN-Bus issues. Proper diagnostics are the key to cracking these issues and i've fixed my fair share of Clio II's that refuse to start with so called imob issues.

Mick

1.6 clio mk2 ph2
just to let you guys know i sorted the problem. Theirs two wires that run from the transponder to the ecu one of them had a break in it. So much for the renault auto spark who already checked it. But easily missed i suppose, just want the thank you guys for the advice

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
just to let you guys know i sorted the problem. Theirs two wires that run from the transponder to the ecu one of them had a break in it. So much for the renault auto spark who already checked it. But easily missed i suppose, just want the thank you guys for the advice

Fairly common for them to break in the 90deg return to the ECM.

Mick