ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Immobiliser

Has anyone had problems in starting their Clio's at all? I tried to start mine today heading off to work but it wouldn't let me for a few minutes, even tried the spare key to no avail :(

I had this problem about a year ago but it's been fine until today, can anyone relate?

What age is your car as the new clios you can tell if its the imobiliser if the dash light doesn't stop flashing.
What happens when you turn the key?

It's mk2 01 dynamique ... yeh sometimes it does that but also the light can be constant and never go out.

Do you know why?

If the light doesn't go out etc its an imobilser problem.

It will be the imobiliser pickup sensor (the bit round the ignition barrel). Best pop into Renault and ask how much one is I've not priced one up reciently.

Civic type S GT-T
Ive had that exact problem, i was waiting for 20 minutes until it decided it wanted to start. The other problem was that occasionally the fob wouldnt lock the car, so id have to start it up, then it would work fine. Dixons were no help what so ever.

Yeh I've been waiting as long as 20mins with the problem.

Your fob issue might be the battery, I just lock it from inside then lock the drivers door if that happens.