ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio insurance

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Who are you guys insured with? Just had a renewal quote from Esure and it’s gone up £50 (£295). It’s a MK3 200 and I’m 36. It’s a garaged second car and I do about 5k miles a year. No claims or convictions.

R27
Bru that’s good compared to Australia. I’m in Sydney and my insurance is £530/year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd say that was ok tbh. I'm getting quotes of £450 for the golf.

39, no claims etc.

Don't pay the renewal quote! You've got to be mad to do that! Ring them up and ask what they can do ? If they say nothing, shop around.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
172, cant remember but under well £300 a year with Greenlight. I'm 120 ÷ 3, somehow that feels better than typing the number

Clio 197
Sky insurance. Is your current quote with mods declared? Because if so I doubt you'll find it cheaper anywhere else.

Clio 172 Ph2
just thought i would pop on here and update with my insurance

I am 40years old, own a clio 172 ph2, have my wife as a named driver and do approx 4k miles a year and was paying £38pm for my clio.

When my renewal came through i figured i would go online to my insurers website and start a new quote to see if i could get it any cheaper.

My insurer AVIVA

Current renewal price per month on the "classic" policy £40

Online quotation AVIVA PLUS quotation £16.17 per month!!!!!

I actually rang AVIVA to find out what the hell was going on and for how long had i been overpaying my insurance!

The only answer they could give me was that they do not auto renew with the "best" deal for you as the AVIVA PLUS insurance doesnt work out cheaper for everyone.

IN this case though it worked out cheaper for me not only in cost but also i gain more benefits than i was on my Classic policy.

Moral to the story insurers are immoral thoughtless dickheads who will not do you a favour unless you call them out on it!

The money which i have saved from checking my insurance renewal means now that my Roadtax is only costing me £3 a month due to the £24 saving from the insurance whoop whoop.

J