ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Kompressor

FRST and 106 GTi

What about adding a compressor like the one of Polo G40? Im really studing this mod and think its possible. Even its easier than a turbo mod since it doesnt have to change the exhaust manifold...

Can anyone say if has seen something like this done already?

Turbo mod could be done but the turbo had to be set at max 0.5bar... above that pistons and rate compression should be changed.

BUTRE

P.S.- remember that I own a 1.4 energy engine... not a Valver/willy/172 engine.

Hi mate

I think the problem with a supercharger is under bonnet space on the flywheel side of the engine. I had a brief look into this as there is a company in the UK who sell home conversion kits. They are not cheap (around 2000 pounds) and then you would have to work out how to do the conversion yourself.

I think the best way of more power, unless you sell the car, is to look into an engine transplant.

There are a number that would fit, 16valve, williams, megane, 5 Gtt

And to be honest the cost would be around the same. Plus this way you would have a more powerful base to start from and you could mod it further if you wanted to.

Just my opinion though, a supercharged clio would be different!

FRST and 106 GTi

Ben P, i dont know. I think you dont have to go to the fly wheel to get rotation. You can get a belt hooked up to the alternator (the thing that charges up the battery ).

If anyone could give some ideias how to make this work.... that would be great.

BUTRE

Nope its german for supercharger. Remember, for all their vorsprung blah blah blah they only have about a tenth the number of words in their language. Peasants...

FRST and 106 GTi

I thought this was a forum about clios and not about spealing.

come on ppl... anyone has experience in this area?

BUTRE

P.S.- Supercharger, Kompressor, Compressor, G-charger... whatever.

Personally I dont think there is enough room for a supercharger (compressor), unless you want to remove the power steering / air con pump and try putting it there.

The turbo on my 16v sits very neatly on a custom manifold, but the cost may be a little higher than buying the supercharger, but fitting the turbo in my opinion will be easier.

barry, where did u get the turbo exhaust manifold from?? i know elia tuning in germany sell them, but they are like 400quid!!!!! what other components are you running? is it high or low pressure turbo?

jimbo

The manifold came with the car, I got it as a project, in about 1000 pieces.!!

I loaned the Manifold to BB Tuning a few months ago for them to take a copy of and get one made, aparently it cost about £1500 to get the casting done, so I can fully understand them costing that much.

The turbo its self is a Garrett T25, so will quite happily give me 1.3 bar boost.

Will be low boost initially (0.6 bar), then Ill be going for cams, low comp pistons and either water injection or a charge cooler to keep the inlet temp nice and cool, or maybe both!

Basically I would like to see well over 300bhp from it. A mate of mine has just fitted an Audi TT engine in his Golf Rallye and plans to squeeze 400bhp out of it. His brother has done the same in a Corrado and so far recored a 340bhp run on the dyno.

WOW, 300bhp, how you gonna get a clutch and gearbox in to handle that sorta power? And what sorta torque you expecting?

FRST and 106 GTi

300bhp... ouch.. I think that is bhp explosion... would it be a drivable car?!

I got the price for a Rotrex supercharger plus oil cooler and some more little needed hardware... all this for about 2300Eur. Major OUCH!!! opps... without fitting, wich must be done by me.
It would be expected a gain of 40 a 50% bhp.

BUTRE

isnt in theory.. a turbo quite easy to fit? change the manifold, put the turbo inbetween the air intake and the engine, bit of plumbin and wiring??

Just sorting out the fueling on a turbo conversion is the problem, you would need a new management system and a thicker head gasket or pistons to lower the compression. In theory most things are easy But in practice it never is.

Chun.

Plus the fact that the clio has a very small engine bay, which would make installing a big intercooler a problem as well as keeping the engine cool.

Chun.

The gearbox should handle it. Ive seen 280bhp R5 turbos with standard gearboxes run without any trouble. Renault do actually make very good boxes.

As for the clutch, we shall see.!!! I have a feeling Ill have to opt for a paddle clutch.

Im more than likely going to fit a charge cooler, Ive moved the battery out the way so there is a nice space for it to sit.

Ben - In theory yes, it is quite simple to fit. There is no wiring to do, you just have to plumb in a water and oil line and sort out the actuator, thats really the only difficult part. Oh, and have a custom exhaust made up.

FRST and 106 GTi

good luck man... its all I can say.
Working tha brains out to get the mod going is my way to go has well...

BUTRE