ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk 1 sunroof leaking

Clio
I have a mk 1 clio 16v and im having a nightmare with a leaky sunroof and im just after some tips on how to stop the water from coming in .
I know this is a well known problem with these so if you have any suggestions i will be very greatfull.

Thanks

Check that there is a good seal round the base of the aerial and check that the rubber seals round the sunroof glass are actually touching the glass - it's possible they've shrunk/dried/warped with time. I have read on here that rubbing vaseline into the rubber re-moisturises it so it creates a good seal again but I've not done it myself so I'm not sure...
Also, I'm not sure if people have used that silicon sealant on the aerial bit??

williams 2 turbo
if the above doesnt work, its a strip out clean everthing and replace jobby, i ended up putting a new one in mine. p.s. dont go to renault for the sealing strip, its about £70.00, go to B&Q and get one for about £6.00.

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v
you can cure it for good. Buy a tube of stikaflex and then remove the roof and clean up the edge. run a thin bead of stikaflex around the roof where the seal was and then replace the roof and secure the bolts again. once this has dried no more water ever!! i've cured mine now for 2 years

M

mouthyman

i had the same problem, in the end i just sealed it up for good. i cant open the sunrrof, but how often do you really use the sunroof insteas of the front of rear windows.