ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk 2 ph 1 suspension

Black Ph2 172
Hi, i've got a S reg mk 2 phase 1 1.4 clio and wondered if lowering springs for a mk 2 phase 2 would fit as ive been told they would, but for some reason i always thought mine had torsion bar suspension on the back. Not that im very good with this sort of thing mind, lol.

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its springs front and rear mate. Speak to Ktec racing, they'll do some 40mm lowering jobs for about £80, then all you got to do is pay someone £50 to fit them.

Sorry, just re read your post.....d'oh!

It depends on what model clio they came off, 1.2 8v, 1.4, 2.0 etc etc.

Black Ph2 172
Well thanks for the first bit anyway lol, there off a 1.2 16v, got no problem with the fitting can get someone to do that for me free of charge

Black Ph2 172
guessin you meant non there, but thanks for that its helped alot, pretty sure im gonna buy the ones i wanted now, just a spring kit for now

Golf GTI 1.8T
Clio_Matt said:
Hi, i've got a S reg mk 2 phase 1 1.4 clio and wondered if lowering springs for a mk 2 phase 2 would fit as ive been told they would, but for some reason i always thought mine had torsion bar suspension on the back. Not that im very good with this sort of thing mind, lol.

Cheers

why would you think that? they are the same car just different cosmetically (and slightly in the engines)

Go for a full suspension kit if you can afford it (shocks & springs)

Black Ph2 172
A friend told me it had a torsion bar, and since i know little about cars just accepted what he said and never heard otherwise till now lol