ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk1 Maxi replica Build questions

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Hi Guys

I’ve just sold my Clio V6 ph1. I am looking for something new. I have had a soft spot for a mk1 Maxi for a long time. My first car was a valver and I still miss it. So I am thinking of maybe making a Maxi replica.
This is my inspiration
1DC7C8DE-05F2-47BE-A504-8E8B1B3D05C9.jpeg

13D5F3C6-1721-49F6-A340-F8935D62B460.jpeg

I’ve found an original Williams 2 race car for sale. Complete with cage and everything. It looks to be in quite good condition, and would be a great starting point for a build like this. I would like it to be a road car (extreme one though), which I could use for track days and an occasional club Rallye.
So of course still with full cage etc. But I have some questions I hope some of you can answer?
1. Which is the best Maxi kit to buy?
2. Any tips or tricks for a build like this?
3. What mods would be good to do on a Valver/willy to make it more track focused? I am thinking suspension, brakes etc?

would really appreciate any info you might have?
Thanks
Dennis

Dunno, but if you do make one you'll be my CS hero!!

- I'm gutted you sold your Vee. They're great! (I've had my Phase 1 for about 12 years now)

Given the price of Williams nowadays, and the fact you'd have to chop it about massively, I'd be inclined to find a base-spec Clio and then just use that as a base - that way you could use something mental for the engine (172? 182? 225?) and DIY the suspension / body to exactly your taste, with no risk of devaluing / destroying a Williams.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Given the price of Williams nowadays, and the fact you'd have to chop it about massively, I'd be inclined to find a base-spec Clio and then just use that as a base - that way you could use something mental for the engine (172? 182? 225?) and DIY the suspension / body to exactly your taste, with no risk of devaluing / destroying a Williams.
Yeah I hear what you are saying. However this one is already converted into a race car, so quite hacked up already . And the original maxi was Williams based. I want to use the F7R, as I want it as close to the real thing as possible.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Complete kit here mate. Not sure about the quality though.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Loads of places seem to do the kit. Hard to know who does the best quality though. Maxi Motorsport do one that they import from France.

Hardest part will be getting the front suspension right, as it will need to be a fair bit wider.