ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk1 ph3 1.2 jumping out of 2nd gear plus soft clutch conversion

clio mk1 ph3 1.2
i just got my clio mk1 ph3 1.2 and its jumping out of second gear more often when its cold than hot also its not when accel or deccel its just when rolling or "cruising" im a trainee mechanic so would like to fix myself i appreciate any suggestions and comments and also would like info on the soft clutch conversion

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Apart from adjusting the gear selection (not sure if even possible on Clios) its usually a sign of a box problem.

clio mk1 ph3 1.2
There's a soft clutch conversion where you can get a Volvo release arm and bearing I just wanted more info and it's jumping out of 2nd gear

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
If you go on:

www.clio16valver.co.uk

There is a list of what you need for a soft pedal conversion. Does sound like the engine movement is knocking the car out of gear, so check your mounts.

I also have some lowering springs and K&N induction kit for your car if you like, PM me if interested