ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk2 - slipping aux drive belt plus vibrating/humming noise

t3 corolla 116bhp
hi all
at present i have a problem with the aux drive belt in my clio. it was only fitted bout 3wks ago and is due a re-tighten
however, shortly after the old one was replaced, i have noticed an intermittent noise which sounds like a vibration/humming.
couple of points to note:
1) the noise is usually only present when the engine starts from cold and is fairly intermittent. by the time the engine has got up to operating temp for 5 mins or so, the noise disappears.
2) when i rotate the steering wheel on full lock both directions (if that makes sense), the noise seems to go (or get quieter/becomes interrupted) until i stop turning the wheel. once the wheel is on full lock, sometimes the noise is gone, other times its there slightly.
i cant manage to hear the noise over the sound of the engine when i go out to look so it can only be heard from inside the car. ive made sure i wasnt being stupid and removed anything from the cabin which could vibrate or make noise etc but it is still there.
any suggestions would be great.
ps the car doesnt have AC if thats of any use to anyone.
thanks
jonny

1) the noise is usually only present when the engine starts from cold and is fairly intermittent. by the time the engine has got up to operating temp for 5 mins or so, the noise disappears.
2) when i rotate the steering wheel on full lock both directions (if that makes sense), the noise seems to go (or get quieter/becomes interrupted) until i stop turning the wheel. once the wheel is on full lock, sometimes the noise is gone, other times its there slightly.
i cant manage to hear the noise over the sound of the engine when i go out to look so it can only be heard from inside the car. ive made sure i wasnt being stupid and removed anything from the cabin which could vibrate or make noise etc but it is still there.
any suggestions would be great.

Could be a tensioner on a cambelt etc they are rubish

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
bet the aux drive belt aint tight. they have to be mega tight on these and there is a special tool so you can do this

t3 corolla 116bhp
had the aux belt tightened and the guy said it was a bit loose
will have to wait and see if it cures the problems. thanks edde and jay 4 ur help;)