ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk3 1.2 cambelt+WP cost??

Clio mk2
I'm going to view a mk3 1.2 tce tomorrow, being sold by a trader and the cambelt is due. He's willing to do it at a reduced labour price in order to get the sale obviously, my question is how much should I expect to pay for the belt and water pump at an independent garage? Just so I have an idea of how much to add to the asking price, I don't want to end up overpaying for the car. Renault quoted £549 all in, which I know is going to be double or higher labour but just for reference.

twingo
we charge £289 for the TCE waterpump and timing belt kit + labour. it was an aftermarket kit, comprising of a valeo waterpump (cheap aftermarket crap eh? LOL) and the rest was gates. the labour is 3 hours!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
If it's due then the trader should be doing it as part of the sale, not as an extra. Is it being sold as having full service history?