ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk3 boot buld

Clio 197
i am thinking of doing a boot buld like the one in the picture
hat do you think good idea or bad?

Attachments

• boot build.jpg
    boot build.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 169

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Don't bother. Buy a decent head unit, decent front components and rear speakers and have them set up correctly. You don't need massive subs for quality sound.

2007 clio dynamique
Srs = serious , but really surely something subtle would be better , sub in spare wheel well with a false floor etc

Clio 197
what do you think of vibe black air subs or should i stick to alpine

i like the sound of that cafcross but would i still get decant base

Clio 197
Oh good I have a vibe sub but it looks 2 good to take apart an boot build lol I'll just end up selling it

2007 clio dynamique
If you really want a sub and you dont need the boot space id just put it in the boot as it is , nice and simple lol

Clio 197
I have had it like that but i think it looks untidy so want want it built into to boot think Im goin to put on hold tho and get my grills sprayed gloss black and get my alloys and badges graphite grey lol

2007 clio dynamique
I got sick of mine and took it out i missed the boot space lol , and ye getting things looking good are more important im on with sorting a few bits at the minute alloys being the main bit

2007 clio dynamique
Refurb alloys , spray splitter , respray door handles , im thinking about splitting the lights aswell and painting the inner part and then smooth rear bumper and lower it abit more so ive got quite abit really but ye your right painting can get expensive , even diy can get expensive

Clio 197
Sounds good mate have to keep me updated Cars are exspencive mate lol but my car looks after me never let me down yet touch wood lol so I'll look after it lol I was goin to have my rears smoothed but he advised me not to he said there is a chance of it cracking.. I need an sx frunt splitter aswell can't find one anywhere

2007 clio dynamique
Thats exactly whats putting me off doing it i dont want it to crack , mines being good until recently it wont let me out sometimes lol and it decided it didnt like a certain spark plug and ran like s**t

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I think that looks awful. If it's a standard non-sport mk3, you'll need to lower it by about a foot before anything else. If you do want better sound (the quality on standard speakers in mine is surprisingly good as it is), a small active sub in the boot plus uprated door components and tweeters would be your best bet. Big boot installs are gash

Clio 197
It's okay mate I have MSG him he is dropping it off at mine in a few week lol cheers knuckle

Inhave gone 45mil glowworm lowest I can got realy without loosing my sx kit gone for 25mil spacers all round aswell

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
If your really considering dropping a sub into your car I wouldn't go for a false floor or boot build or anything like that, keep it simple, sub box built right will work wonders, also a vibe or alpine sub is the typical sub a person who doesn't really know much about audio will go for, if you want something bespoke, something with noticeably different sounds i'd go for a kicker l7 or a db audio sub, they do cost a lot but you get what you pay for, I have ran a 15" kicker l7 and I currently have a db audio t-rex and the sounds are incredible, get the box made right and tuned well and you won't look back!

Clio 197
Thanks for the advise mate I think I may do that been tempted with an alphasonik have you ever herd of them

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Heard of them but never actually heard one in use, what sort of size sub are you thinking of?

Clio 197
I'll have to send you a pic glowworm dunt let me put them on eyah says there to big

and nothing to big 10 or 12inch mate

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
12 minimum I always say, 10s don't get the lows that you would want and whatever you do, don't go for a sealed box, just takes away all the power the sub puts out, pointless in my opinion, let me know your plans and what not as I'm always interested in ICE especially in mk3's

Clio 197
I will do mate I think I may buy one of them subs you said and sit it in we're the jack is do you think that's a good idea