ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk3 speaker replacement: help for a noob?

Renault Clio mk3
Hello, I'm thinking of replacing the speakers in my 3 door Clio Mk3 Dynamique. Atm I have stock speakers in front and none in the back. I also have a Sony cdx-gt200 HU (52W). I'm not sure what I should buy, and how I have to mount it. I think it fits 13cm speakers, and I'm looking for a system with decent bass, but nothing too special, just an improvement on my current system (I'm on a bit of a budget). What do you suggest I buy?
Also, do you suggest I put the speakers that are currently in front into the back once I replaced them?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
David

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
I'm assuming this will be the same from 5 door to 3 door, but my front doors, the stock speakers have only got 2 mounting holes on opposite sides, luckily the speakers I was putting in have metal lugs where you put the screws so I was able to bend 2 of them back and forth until the snapped off, just be careful not buy buy something you can't do this or similar to :)

Otherwise the speaker grill should just pop off with a flat screwdriver, and unscrew the speaker (hex key) you'll need to cut the cables probably, and attached new connectors