ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk5 RS line Creaking suspension.

Renault Clio RS Line
Hi,

I wondered if anyone had this same issue or knew what it could be (where to start?).
Basically at low speed over speed bumps the suspension creaks like hell, never had this before.
I don't think the RS line has a stiffened suspension, but it doesn't like bumps especially around housing estates.
Should this be a Renault warranty issue, it has only covered 13k from August 2020.

Renault Clio RS Line
Found an old post suggesting it was a common problem , usually the Front inner ARB bushes. And some GT85 spray should help.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Found an old post suggesting it was a common problem , usually the Front inner ARB bushes. And some GT85 spray should help.
I was going to say this.

Mine was making a racket over small undulations on the road surface, coming from the offside front ARB bush. Got that sorted once we knew what it was and it's been fine ever since.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
It doesn’t seem to affect handling or nowt just sounds awful 😂

Renault Clio RS Line
Thanks Guys for all the suggestions,
It went for it's first MoT and they added an advisory about the suspension, great!?.
They confirmed lower suspension and bushes need replacing, both sides plus geometry £800.00!.
Rang Renault UK for warranty claim, booked into local dealer for £150 diagnostic tests, confirmed New anti roll bar, suspension arm only on affected side would all be replaced under warranty.
But now all parts on back order so it's an open job with no install date, what a joke is Renault UK!.
Maybe they should ask Nissan, after all they seem to share parts anyway!.