ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mpg 1.2 with 26mpg

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
Getting constantly around 24-27mpg. What would cause this as driving relatively normal i.e. 2400rpm gear changes and using appropriate gears.
I thought lamba sensor but wouldnt I have a alarm on the dash for that?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
never got mine that low i think my worst i ever got was 35mpg and I had a k&n which really didnt help mpg sounded awesome though ;)

BMW 323i Coupe
Getting constantly around 24-27mpg. What would cause this as driving relatively normal i.e. 2400rpm gear changes and using appropriate gears.
I thought lamba sensor but wouldnt I have a alarm on the dash for that?

Reset your dial, and have a look again after a bit of driving.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i replaced the fuel pumps on my mums 1.2 16v as the pressure was reading to low and only getting 20-25mpg. now its back up into the 40s

ValverInBits
A 1.2 will give awful economy when pushed.
a 1*2 is perfectly capable of giving around 36-38mpg if you drive it at the same pace everyone else drives at ;)

If your economy is really that bad and you want to do something about it, I'd look to a new lambda sensor first. My thread on it http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=314560
A bad one won't always bring a light up on the dash, in fact it never did for me.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Tbh a good service should see it good. Plugs leads filters etc. Does it smell like its running rich? Shouldnt be 26mpg!!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
check tyre pressures, 32front 30rear ive always ran on my quick cars but i run 40 all round on the dci for max economy haha

upstream lambda worth a check

due a service? check airfilter.

clio 182
i had the same prob with my 56 plate fiesta. was gettin stupid low mpg. i had enough so p/x it for my 182 which now uses less fuel. figure that one out :D

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
had a service around 4000 miles ago, i.e. sparks, filters, oil thats all though.
Ahhh I see that the lamba sensor doesnt always throw a alarm up then? Anyway to test it for operation i.e. voltage?