ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio on LPG

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Even more reason why I'd buy one. Where's TomSx?? ;)

Wasn't a purple coloured VI was it? I saw one for sale up here a few years back - actually struck me a quite a good idea on a car like that. It was switchable though - the boring commutes on LPG, then flick to Super-RON when you got on the A-road.

^^^ - yep, I understand that there's a 25-30% in performance too? I don't see the point in something like a Clio myself.

To have this on a Clio to me, is like having a -1% less sugar can of Pepsi. Load-luggers, cars that absolutely drink fuel and more importantly, cars with plenty of space - I understand. On a pretty sensible hot hatch that does mid-30s to the gallon to begin with, just seems a pointless exercise to me. And its not like the Clio has a particularly large boot to begin with.

Oh, and have fun trying to sell it. I personally wouldn't touch an LPG converted car. One straight from the factory is another matter entirely.

D.

Was more recent than that mate - but black evo 8

2003 Clio 172 Cup
If someone buys an evo and puts an LPG conversion on it there is only one word to describe that person.... c**t.
It's quite simple... If you can only afford to buy an evo you should not be driving one. You need to be able to pay for services, premium fuel and other maintenance that come with it. I see so many people who make this mistake and then give it all the big one about how s**t the car is when really it's their own fault for being a tight arse or unrealistic to running costs.