ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio paddling in some water...

I did put this in my progress thread (http://www.cliosport.net/threads/jimbobs-black-gold-182.778554/page-3#post-11141613) but not everyone see's that, so thought I'd drop them in here

Went up to Ystradefellte to get a few photos today with a couple of mates - Luckily weather held off, and even had the sun out at times!

27595430806_37f74ccbb3_c.jpg
DSC_5644
by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr
27597259006_ca0248f1f5_c.jpg
DSC_5758
27629537515_c6917736e1_c.jpg
DSC_5785
27595471196_73a41e7e80_c.jpg
DSC_5782
27020355603_457fa7e1b4_c.jpg
DSC_5762
27556440731_63c3c517e5_c.jpg
DSC_5787
27020486643_8f45bfd3f4_c.jpg
DSC_5825

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Very nice indeed. Any more of that Astra though? Not a standard colour for them is it? Looks like the one you can get Corsa's in but didn't think Astra's as well.

Stunning photo's these :up:can imagine you have quite a decent SLR camera and not an iPhone with these haha

They are all great, but this is a beauty.........

27597259006_ca0248f1f5_c.jpg

Very nice indeed. Any more of that Astra though? Not a standard colour for them is it? Looks like the one you can get Corsa's in but didn't think Astra's as well.

Astra has had a full respray in the same green as the Corsa VXR, as far as the owner and I know, the only Astra in this colour (besides a van)

Definitely something different, and certainly catches the eye!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stunning photo's these :up:can imagine you have quite a decent SLR camera and not an iPhone with these haha

They are all great, but this is a beauty.........
All were taken with a Nikon D7100 and just a 35mm F/1.8 - fantastic little lens!

That's my favourite photo too, half tempted to get it done on a Canvas which is a little sad lol

It seems Facebook and Instagram both think it's a decent photo too, didn't even realise someone had uploaded it onto Instagram until my mate told me!
image.png

image.png

Never had so many likes in my life lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wow yes that Astra is lovely mate. I really like the colour on Corsa's, and prefer the Astra shape... so perfect combo for me :D tell him to sell it to me in a few years time lol.

Great photos.

Did you get wet feet?
Luckily not, my mate with the GTi offered to drive my car in since I was taking the photos haha

Might as well chuck up a couple of his GTi since we're on the subject
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Do quite fancy a GTi actually, as a cheap daily which I don't really have to care about it getting knocked around as much as the Clio, but then a tidy 106 is pretty much the same price as a Clio anyway, so not much point...

Surprisingly to both of us, I went past it with ease when we had a little play! It's cammed with Catcams 743's and a few other tweaks, and I think it was last rolling roaded at just over 150bhp, but I guess he did have a passenger and a full interior (and a show cage) so that wouldn't of helped, but we've always said my 182 is a good one!

But still a good fun little car none the less

Lovely photos mate, I bet the Astra didn't pull too much on you either?
Surprisingly Tom it didn't - although he did have slight steam seal issues on the way back, so he wasn't pushing it all the way, so we didn't give it a proper run as such

It's pushing around 280bhp on a Hybrid Turbo, but it's not holding boost for as long as it should due to the actuator the mapper said

I didn't realise they weighed as much as they do - almost 1400kg according to the Internet!

I bet your high boost Clio must embarrass them with ease - would love to see how well it goes

Yeah that Astra looks awesome in the green, I've certainly never seen one that colour........ I used to have a stage 3 astra vxr myself, was great fun (around 290bhp) but a little on the heavy side as you said, so not the best handling I always thought, especially on the factory 19's

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Lovely pictures those, looks like a popular spot for car photos! Your motor is perfection, never really been a fan of those Astras but that looks very clean, the 106 is awesome too (although lose the bumper teddy!!).

Megane 250
Go here regular.

Me and @SimpleJoee have been there with both our Clio's and more recently his VTS and my GTi.

I think there's a few off us planning a run out again and over black mountains next month if you fancy it? Sounds like your local?

Also is that Ross's GTi?

Go here regular.

Me and @SimpleJoee have been there with both our Clio's and more recently his VTS and my GTi.

I think there's a few off us planning a run out again and over black mountains next month if you fancy it? Sounds like your local?

Also is that Ross's GTi?
First time I've been, but awesome place, Joe actually told me to go there

Yes buddy I'd be very keen next time you go, I did see the photos from when you went on Joe's Facebook. Joe did mention that he'd let me know next time you go, always keen for a drive and to meet some new people,

I live Abergavenny/Hereford so not a million miles away! I quite often go up to Elan Valley with some mates, so if your ever keen for a drive up there let me know and I'll let you know when we're next going, same for @SimpleJoee

Yeh that's Ross' GTi, hang around with him a fair bit and infact he's the one which got me into cars - guessing you know him? He drives his Twingo RS 99% of the time now, and just gets the GTi on the odd occasion

Megane 250
First time I've been, but awesome place, Joe actually told me to go there

Yes buddy I'd be very keen next time you go, I did see the photos from when you went on Joe's Facebook. Joe did mention that he'd let me know next time you go, always keen for a drive and to meet some new people,

I live Abergavenny/Hereford so not a million miles away! I quite often go up to Elan Valley with some mates, so if your ever keen for a drive up there let me know and I'll let you know when we're next going, same for @SimpleJoee

Yeh that's Ross' GTi, hang around with him a fair bit and infact he's the one which got me into cars - guessing you know him? He drives his Twingo RS 99% of the time now, and just gets the GTi on the odd occasion

Once I know more ill let you know mate, think we're looking towards the end off July, should be a fair few off us! Be first decent run out for my new car as well I'd imagine.

Yeah mate, I've known Ross for a few years! Haven't seen him about in a while.

I'm from Ebbw vale, but in Abergavenny quite regular, so may see you about!

Once I know more ill let you know mate, think we're looking towards the end off July, should be a fair few off us! Be first decent run out for my new car as well I'd imagine.

Yeah mate, I've known Ross for a few years! Haven't seen him about in a while.

I'm from Ebbw vale, but in Abergavenny quite regular, so may see you about!
Top man, definitely keen so keep in touch please buddy, I've just dropped you a FB friend request

He has mentioned you a few times actually, saying about your 182!
He doesn't do much in the 'car scene' nowadays, but we go out for the odd blast or work on the cars together

What car you got now?

Megane 250
Top man, definitely keen so keep in touch please buddy, I've just dropped you a FB friend request

He has mentioned you a few times actually, saying about your 182!
He doesn't do much in the 'car scene' nowadays, but we go out for the odd blast or work on the cars together

What car you got now?

Just accepted mate, yeah soon as I know more I'll let you know!

I picked up a megane 225 on Sunday, sold my Clio unfortunately.

Just accepted mate, yeah soon as I know more I'll let you know!

I picked up a megane 225 on Sunday, sold my Clio unfortunately.

That is interesting, as I'm seriously thinking of selling my Clio and making the change to an R26, so I'd really like to know how you find the two compare

Using it as a daily I assume? And GTi is your track car?

Megane 250
That is interesting, as I'm seriously thinking of selling my Clio and making the change to an R26, so I'd really like to know how you find the two compare

Using it as a daily I assume? And GTi is your track car?

It is a daily, I'd have got an R26 but tbh what I paid for my 225 is cheap, it needs say £500 to be where j want it cosmetically then I'll chase some power in it.

Nicer car to drive, comfier and bit bigger, brembos are awesome and boost is pretty nice, I've barely driven it though mate, picked it up Sunday night, been sick since then and haven't really used it, hopefully I'll get s good run on weekend.

Yeah GTi, is my track toy, too far in to sell it now.