ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio popping/missing when cold

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My clio has always 'popped and banged' for about 2 minutes when first driven from cold. Also feels like its 'holding back' slightly which is a little weird although this is usually fine as i only drive into a 30mph from work/home so its warmed up by the time i'm on any proper roads where it feels normal again and pulls fine.

Drove the clio yesterday after visiting my mum and set off onto a 60mph straight away. Car pulled there OK then felt somewhat hesitant and in 5th at 60 it started having zero power. I let off the pedal and then slowed to 40 for a minute where it was then absolutely fine again.

Lambda was replaced around 8 months back, so potentially needing replacing again? After this I was thinking either injector (had no flashing eml) or coolant temp sensor. Once slightly warm the car feels perfect.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My clio has always 'popped and banged' for about 2 minutes when first driven from cold. Also feels like its 'holding back' slightly which is a little weird although this is usually fine as i only drive into a 30mph from work/home so its warmed up by the time i'm on any proper roads where it feels normal again and pulls fine.

Drove the clio yesterday after visiting my mum and set off onto a 60mph straight away. Car pulled there OK then felt somewhat hesitant and in 5th at 60 it started having zero power. I let off the pedal and then slowed to 40 for a minute where it was then absolutely fine again.

Lambda was replaced around 8 months back, so potentially needing replacing again? After this I was thinking either injector (had no flashing eml) or coolant temp sensor. Once slightly warm the car feels perfect.
My 182 pops and bangs alot , has done for years. I've worked out its the join between the olive joint in the Cat and centre pipe leaking slightly. I can see condensation dripping from the join. Once it's warmed up the exhaust must expand and the pops and bangs and dripping exhaust stops.
They always hold back for the first few minutes if you jump in the car and set off straight away.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
My 182 pops and bangs alot , has done for years. I've worked out its the join between the olive joint in the Cat and centre pipe leaking slightly. I can see condensation dripping from the join. Once it's warmed up the exhaust must expand and the pops and bangs and dripping exhaust stops.
They always hold back for the first few minutes if you jump in the car and set off straight away.
I'm fully v-banded so it should be tight.