ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Road tax

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Wait what? Is there some retrospective thing happening?

This is all I can find, which just suggests a rise as per RPI. So, no surprises there ?

Most older bands have gone up £5 a year since I've even driving ?!

It, nor the pdf on the page gives any note of the figures however.

My car's VED is due end of this month so I guess I'll get some paperwork imminently.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

This is all I can find, which just suggests a rise as per RPI. So, no surprises there ?

Most older bands have gone up £5 a year since I've even driving ?!

It, nor the pdf on the page gives any note of the figures however.

My car's VED is due end of this month so I guess I'll get some paperwork imminently.
Yep I tried to find info too, everything just suggests the RPI increase as you have said.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It's super weird how hydrogen has been slow in the takeup. You essentially could just use electrolysis on water to get Hydrogen and Oxygen, there was that Richard Hammond show on Amazon Prime that literally did this.

I mean, given there's an intent somewhere to convert gas to hydrogen for house boilers, it seems weird that this hasn't had more of a concerted effort.

Are there still people around who remember the Hindenburg Disaster or something?

Incredibly expensive to produce and store.

Electric is predicted to be cheaper by 2025 but hydrogen is going to be 2030s.

It's super weird how hydrogen has been slow in the takeup. You essentially could just use electrolysis on water to get Hydrogen and Oxygen, there was that Richard Hammond show on Amazon Prime that literally did this.

I mean, given there's an intent somewhere to convert gas to hydrogen for house boilers, it seems weird that this hasn't had more of a concerted effort.

Are there still people around who remember the Hindenburg Disaster or something?
The problem is that the government has been convinced, presumably by lobbyists from Tesla or wherever, that electric is the only solution. Govt has not shown any interest in hydrogen even though in many respects it's easier to introduce to the industry and to our road networks.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just had my renewal through for the Bini.. still £30 as per the last 2 years I've had it.

Maybe it would be different if it was due end of April. We'll see in a month I guess 🤷‍♂️