ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS200 vs Megane 265 - Nurburgring

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
It looks so composed, put a relaxed tune and engine noise for 2500k rpm over it and it's like he's driving to the shops.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sign of a good driver, he's extremely smooth. The RS200 sounds great.

Wonder what spec it is?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Part of me loves it and part of me laughs when you see people in cars like this driving quickly (and that is quick, no doubt) but he doesn’t even H&T..?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
It’s got that bad Honda sound, bit like the noise I could produce on a toy plastic trumpet when I was a nipper.

I’ve never heard a clio sound like that!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It’s got that bad Honda sound, bit like the noise I could produce on a toy plastic trumpet when I was a nipper.

That. Like there's a nail welded to the exhaust and the point of it is sticking in your ear and poking right up against your eardrum.

They like the sound of E46 M3s here too though, fooking weirdos.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I don't get how some see it a 'bad' Honda sound. Honda's sound like race engines to be fair, sometimes they can sound tinny (Spoon exhausts tend to cause this) but generally they sound terrific, as does this Clio.

How can anyone not like this noise??

Reactions: MLB

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get how some see it a 'bad' Honda sound. Honda's sound like race engines to be fair, sometimes they can sound tinny (Spoon exhausts tend to cause this) but generally they sound terrific, as does this Clio.

How can anyone not like this noise??

It sounds great from the front, but I’m sorry I hate the sound from the exhaust. It really grates on me. Best Honda sound is standard exhaust with induction kit...

That sounds sooo much better! Top end sounds so good, almost race car.

Thing is we’re all different and I can understand people liking that terrible exhaust noise as we all have different perceptions of colour, taste and sound.

Sounds like a 2 stroke go-kart. He can defo pedal though.

Starting to see more and more Mk3 Clio's out on track and they seem a like a really good track package.Defo something I'd consider if going back to FWD.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I really like the RS200 in yellow with black Speedline wheels. How much are these going for roughly?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I cannot get on with the 200 front end. It’s like two different departments designed the opposite ends of the car and they met on the last day... “ah, oh well it’s to late let’s just go with it now chaps”

The 197 is a much better looking car as it actually looks like it belongs to the same car front n back. The 200 just looks like a 197 from the back and side then it’s got some weird (what’s that ridiculous rabbit thing of modern Star Wars called) face going on.

I’ve often wondered if you could remove that wavy black thing from the front bumper?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I cannot get on with the 200 front end. It’s like two different departments designed the opposite ends of the car and they met on the last day... “ah, oh well it’s to late let’s just go with it now chaps”

The 197 is a much better looking car as it actually looks like it belongs to the same car front n back. The 200 just looks like a 197 from the back and side then it’s got some weird (what’s that ridiculous rabbit thing of modern Star Wars called) face going on.

I’ve often wondered if you could remove that wavy black thing from the front bumper?

Same with the 200 EDC. Looks awesome from behind, has 5 doors, but that face.... (the facelift is better with the renaultsport DRLs but it's still pretty bad in the scheme of things)

I'd still take one (200 or 200EDC) over the 197 though, progress and all that.