ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Rsi k4m lumpy idle?!

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Afternoon,

It's been idling slightly lumpy since I got the car and i cant sort it out so I need some help please!
So far I've taken the intake off and cleaned the surfaces
Throttle has been off and cleaned
ICV has been off and cleaned
Cleaner sprayed into the throttle body
Taken it for a good old Italian tune up
Ran a tank of Redex

But all so far to no avail it's still lumpy. If I'm listening to the engine from the outside it doesnt sound like it's mis firing but from the inside you can feel the car shaking through the seat.
The only thing I've got left to try is replacing the intake gaskets and throttle body gaskets but I cant find anywhere that stocks the part.
Hopefully the attached video works so you can see what i mean. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d84c2df63c20/20190920_080538.mp4

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
They generally idle quite nicely the k4m, is it running good quality fuel? Ignition coils are poor on them and like to fail. When was the spark plugs last done

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
They generally idle quite nicely the k4m, is it running good quality fuel? Ignition coils are poor on them and like to fail. When was the spark plugs last done
Got a full tank of shell v power in at the moment, other than that I only use sainsburys finest! Coils havent been done, I can actually only get 3 out of 4 out of the engine as one of the bolts is totally rounded off, meaning 3 out of 4 spark plugs have also been changed. Also worth mentioning is that a friend following me during one of the "Italian tuneups" mentioned i was getting a little puff of black smoke when changing at high rpm/redline

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mine was recently doing this. Coil was buggered due to water ingress. Common apparently

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Mine was recently doing this. Coil was buggered due to water ingress. Common apparently
How did you find out the faulty coil? The interwebs would suggest around £130 for a full set of OE coils so I dont fancy buying 4

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Pull them out with the engine running, one by one to see. If it's working ok the engine revs should drop/run rougher, if the coil is removed and no difference then that's your faulty coil. plus it might look like this

20190918_163344.jpg

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Pull them out with the engine running, one by one to see. If it's working ok the engine revs should drop/run rougher, if the coil is removed and no difference then that's your faulty coil. plus it might look like this

View attachment 1434422
Just pulled them one by one and the engine started to run rough each time, so I assume all are working well?

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
were any looking a bit ropey like mine was?
I had them out to do the plugs a few weeks ago and they were all very clean in fairness, I only pulled the cable out when I tested them tonight

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
were any looking a bit ropey like mine was?
I had them out to do the plugs a few weeks ago and they were all very clean in fairness, I only pulled the cable out when I tested them tonight