ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio running rich

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Just got my 172 running a sports cat through MOT, just. 0.200 CO allowed and scraped by at 0.199 red hot

I have checked lambda using rs tuner and it seems to graph ok on idle, could it still be knackered and worth a change?

Also checked coolant sensor and is reading true so shouldnt be running on cold map

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Mine ran rich, stank of fuel. Lambda looked to be responding correctly on RS tuner. I had a brand new OE Lambda in stock so chucked it in anyway. Sorted the problem out immediately. Guessing they seem to start ‘going off’ before competently shitting themselves and chucking a fault code

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Forgot to mention I had 3 spare lambdas sitting, threw one of them in and checked and graph seemed to be the same.
That isnt to say they were both faulty or past their best like you say
Just ordered a new one anyway and be keen to throw it onto the tester out of curiousity and see what difference it has made