ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sitting at angle

After getting my clio lowered it has become apparant that the car is tilted to one side. All shocks are ok and the torsion bar is level (not lowered more on one side), front springs are brand new. Any ideas why it could be sitting like this??

cheers in advance

lol, im a skinny bstrd! i initially tho it was maybe the camber of the road but when up on the ramp it still showed its tilted nature :(

any more suggestions ppl?please help me cos im plannin on gettin a kit soon and with the car sittin as it is one side would scrape on the ground!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Same with mine, its barely noticeable though. Its about 5-10mm lower on the drivers side for some reason. You cant really tell unless you have a good look at the arch clearance on both sides.

Rick

Trophy

Yeah,

All cars tend to sit slightly lower on the drivers side as most off the engine weight is on that side and there is always a driver!

If you get coilovers dont try to compensate for this by winding the drivers side up or the passenger side down as this will lead to an imbalance in spring tautness!

Mat.

thats shouldnt affect the rear, its just that it was not thought int eh design that we were gonna lower our cars, hence each spline doesnt equal the exact same amount. Mine does it, just part of lowering a clio.....

I had the same problem on my old 1.2 when I lowered it. Dont get it with my 16v!

It was made worse when I replaced one of the tyres with another brand, with the other on the other side at the back one of the original tyres.

what is good on continent is that you actually sit opposite to the engine and it means really nice weight distr. ;) prob better than ahem... yours ;)

jack the front up, use a trolly jack and lift under the xmember or a suitable point. then see if it still does it at the other end - ie the rear,

repeat with jacking the rear, when you identify which corner is causing the problem, let me know.

Joe.

cheers for the help folks, i had a mechanic look at it and he says a spring in the torsion bar has probably gone soft, so im looking at replacing it.

Is this a viable diagnosis?

i had the same problem with mine and i was told that the clio is set up for left hand drive and i was told to swap the torsion bar form the drivers side to the passagers side and the passangers to the drivers and it sorted it out. well there is only a few mm in it:)