ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 2006

There is a picture of the new Clio Sport in octobers issue of car, They say it will have a six speed box and 200 bhp!!!! Looks Good (from the front) it was arctic blue, not too sure about the new alloys !

It was in tesco, october issue of car, had the new golf gti on the front and a big article on hot hatches, it has one picture of the new sport (from the front) and a small article about it, cant put the picture on because i have no scanner!!!

They also said there would be a cup version in 2007!!!

The web site for this mag is mailto:cr@p">cr@p, i looked for more info on there too and found nothing

[Edited by richardp182 on 09 September 2004 at 10:47am]

Someone get scouting for a picy. Ive been unsuccesful in my searches. Someone could always just go out and buy the magazine and then scan in the photo :D

Ta, Andy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

It wont be turbo.

The six speed and 200bhp stuff is correct.

(just under 200bhp actually 195ish)

My god, at least our 172s and 182 will go up in value when they release that spawn of Satans loins! Itll be like when they released the bug eyed impreza after the original, people would pay over the odds to get an original as the new one minged so much!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Renaultsport Clio

The three-door performance flagship due in summer 2006 will retain its familiar Renaultsport moniker and the winning formula of lightweight body, tail-happy chassis, honed suspension, a gutsy 2.0 litre naturally aspirated engine and talkative steering. Expect power to climb to 200bhp - good enough for a 6.5 second sprint to 62mph and 140mph top speed. In-gear acceleration will be aided by the introduction of a six-speed gearbox. The driving position will be much improved over the current models sit-up-and-beg arrangemet, and like the current Clio 182 it will get bespoke wheels and tyres. A stripped out Cup version will follow a year on, but there will be no new Clio V6. The first non-hot members of the new clio range arrive next autumn. Styled by Patrick Le Quement, it will not be much bigger than the current clio as the recently launched Modus will satisfy demand for a more spacious model.

Price: 15,500 (est)
Engine: 2.0 litre 4, 200bhp, 160lb ft
Performance: 6.5sec 0-62mph, 140mph (est)
On Sale in UK: Summer 2006

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

why the f**k have they given it a smiling front, the best thing about the 172 is that it looks pretty mean from the front, that one looks like a puppy about to hump your leg.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

thats not really what it looks like.

dont ask about the back!

Yaris Hybrid

Looks ok, if a tad high. No doubt it will look a fair bit different when it is finally released so those of you into cosmetics should cool off.

Dont know what the fuss is about though to be honest.

We already knew this car would be an NCAP 5 star. This is bound to result in a heavier car that would require 200bhp to keep pace with the current 182 - and thats keep pace in a straight line...cornering will be something else.

Now with 200bhp going through the front wheels I am sure we will see the same issues that result in the CTR being a lesser car than the 182.

Unfortunately we dont get a bigger engine. Not sure how much different the new motor will be I would guess they have raised power at the expense of power distribution and had to add another gear to keep the straight line figures up to scratch.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its about 100-150kg heavier than the outgoing 172.

so its around the 1200-1300kg mark.

But the engine should have substantial torque gains so power isnt too important.

320d M Sport

just HOW bad is the back end?

And, when will Reno realise we need proper seats in these RenaultSport models?

R

rich[182]

By summer 2006 200BHP & 160Ib/ft torque in something weighing between 1200-1300 kg will be nothing.

By then well have a near 200BHP Fiesta RS Turbo, 220BHP Astra Turbo, Already a Golf Gti 197BHP with masses of torque, Even a Corsa with a turbo pushing out arround 185BHP

A next gen body should have a different approach and a power hike of arround 15BHP with only + 10Ib/ft torque is pathetic

Should be a 2.0 16v turbo with between 200-210 (so as not to undermine the Megane 225RS to joe public) but obviously well over 200Ib/ft torque

It would by easily & highly tuneable

Maybe Ill change my mind nearer the time but right now it doesnt interest me in the slightest

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 09 September 2004

i like it, and i hated the 172/182 when i first saw them, now i like em
I think many people felt like that, will wait to see it in the flesh !

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by NikC172 on 09 September 2004

Slightly better photo:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1094730073__newclio.jpg

Look at it people, just look at it!

ITS A SQUASHED MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It even has the Megan bubble but and flat back window! it look horrid!

The megan is the clumination of the clio crossed with the laguna

this new car looks like the ofspring of a Modus and a megan! its total tits!

anyone that says this car is nice neads their head read!

:devilish: