ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport replica....for sale?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
hi guys as im only 18 obviously insurance is going to be sky high for buying the real Clio sport.

so just wondering if anyone knows of any replicas for sale or when i can find one?

cheers guys

Plenty of people have done it, but I think you'll get a nasty shock at the cost of insurance. A rep is a modified car just like any other.

Bumpers front/rear
Wings/skirts
Spoiler
Splitter
Exhaust
Alloy wheels
Lowered suspension
Spacers
Upper grill
Seats
Door cards
Steering wheel
Badges
Bullets
Xenons

Regardless, if you've checked insurance cost of a relatively heavily modified 1.2/1.4 etc and it's acceptable in your eyes then there'll be a few on here for sale at any given time.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Plenty of people have done it, but I think you'll get a nasty shock at the cost of insurance. A rep is a modified car just like any other.

Bumpers front/rear
Wings/skirts
Spoiler
Splitter
Exhaust
Alloy wheels
Lowered suspension
Spacers
Upper grill
Seats
Door cards
Steering wheel
Badges
Bullets
Xenons

Regardless, if you've checked insurance cost of a relatively heavily modified 1.2/1.4 etc and it's acceptable in your eyes then there'll be a few on here for sale at any given time.
i can see what you mean mate but i know this sounds bad but ive done modifications to my cat exhaust , tints , alloys etc and haven't told the insurance a thing

Bux

Golf GTD
i can see what you mean mate but i know this sounds bad but ive done modifications to my cat exhaust , tints , alloys etc and haven't told the insurance a thing

That's your choice. It means you take the risk of your insurers declaring your insurance invalid in the event of an accident. Everyone on here will tell you to declare your mods as it's just not worth the hassle.

Well then why not just buy a 172 the same colour and stick the number plates from your 1.2 on it...

If you have a read of the terms & conditions it'll undoubtedly say that your insurance is very likely to be automatically void if you don't declare modifications. Clearly some people think it's a risk worth taking. Personally I don't fancy being left with absolutely zero in the event of a crash (even if it's not your fault plenty of claims go 50:50 if there are no witnesses etc. as it saves insurance companies time & money fighting liability out in court etc.)

I'm surprised you haven't thought of looking on ebay - there's tons of reps on there ranging from utterly chav-tastic and barely worth calling a "rep" to fairly convincing ones to the untrained eye.

EDIT: Do not do the number plate thing lol...

Renault Clio MK3
If you don't tell your insurance company, then in the event of an accident they won't pay out. It's a waste of time and money

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Well then why not just buy a 172 the same colour and stick the number plates from your 1.2 on it...

If you have a read of the terms & conditions it'll undoubtedly say that your insurance is very likely to be automatically void if you don't declare modifications. Clearly some people think it's a risk worth taking. Personally I don't fancy being left with absolutely zero in the event of a crash (even if it's not your fault plenty of claims go 50:50 if there are no witnesses etc. as it saves insurance companies time & money fighting liability out in court etc.)

I'm surprised you haven't thought of looking on ebay - there's tons of reps on there ranging from utterly chav-tastic and barely worth calling a "rep" to fairly convincing ones to the untrained eye.
its a thought but still :(

also i can hardly find any reps on ebay what sort of things are you searching to find them?