ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Replica help

Clio 1.2 16v Expression
thinking about making a replcia. i no ill need the wings to have the side skirts as they conect to it and are wider but do you need them for the sport front bumper to fit to save money i might buy some different skirts if this is the case. im pretty sure the rear bumper will fit without a problem, am i right? thanks

RenaultSport 172.
rear bumper is a fit and play, nothing else needs changing.

but the front end is, skirts,wings,bumper + lights IIRC

hey. currently making my 1.2 into a replica. ( well on the front neway)

u need all the stuff u said includin wings and skirts . its a rite bummer! nearly cried when i found out lol.

try a car scrapper or dismantler place. i got my skirts and one of my wings from there. perfect condition all for 60 squid :):)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to do proper replica you need front bumper, front wings, sideskirts, front grille, headlights, arch liners, rear bumper, colourcoded spoiler and bumpstrips, colourcoded door handles and wing mirror caps.

then the only giveaway really would be the badges and sunroof to look at it!

you can do it cheaply by using replica sideskirts and standard wings but its a bit of hastle to fit the front bumper (never tried it though just heard that)

but doing it that way its not a "replica" is it

I saw a really nice flame red 172 in a shopping centre car park once, it looked realy nice, but something just wasn't right with it.

My mum (who came shopping with me) looked at it & announced 'its got a sunroof, that's not right is it as you dads doesn't have one' When I looked at it a bit closer (apart from the sun roof lol) There were a few other bits not right. The car did have a full 172 interior in it too.

Personally, I think that an all out replica is a waste of time & money (unless you actually put the 2.0 engine in it too) Much better off doing other subtle things to the car instead as some non renault sport clios on here look fab.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
im going down the standard wings, aftermarket skirts and modding the front bumper to fit. this is much cheaper as you dont need to buy wings or official renault skirts, and its saves you in paint as i was told i would need the bonnet paint to blend the wings in. mine is only a part replica really not bothering with interior etc i just like the look of the bumpers over the non sport ones

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I saw a really nice flame red 172 in a shopping centre car park once, it looked realy nice, but something just wasn't right with it.

My mum (who came shopping with me) looked at it & announced 'its got a sunroof, that's not right is it as you dads doesn't have one' When I looked at it a bit closer (apart from the sun roof lol) There were a few other bits not right. The car did have a full 172 interior in it too.

Personally, I think that an all out replica is a waste of time & money (unless you actually put the 2.0 engine in it too) Much better off doing other subtle things to the car instead as some non renault sport clios on here look fab.

likewise.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
and if your getting the sport wings you will need spacers

imo get some decent wheels and coilovers ;)