ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Starting Issues!!!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I have had my clio for about 2 years with no major issues.
Over this weekend it seems to have started playing up.
My Rev counter stopped working and after turning it off it will not turn on. It is turning over but just not catching. I have had the RAC out who could not diagnose it off the computer as the fault came up as "unknown".
As soon as it is towed it will then start!
I have now had a warning sign come up which has never been on before. (Looks like springs)
Not really very clued up on cars but it has had a new ecu before and I wondered if it would be to do with this again?

Any ideas?

Clio 172
Guessing its a diesel? Spring type warning light is your glow plugs. Try leaving your ignition on for 30 before trying to start it.

If RAC have been out I would of thought he would of diagnosed that though

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
It's a petrol so not too sure if this makes a difference!
There were a few faults that came up on the computer but nothing that would cause the problems i was having and then after it was towed yesterday this light has come up and not gone off since.

Or just buy a new one? They are less than a tenner on ebay.

The crank sensor would also be my guess, especially as the rev counter was playing up.

Clio 172
Just reread it, yeah crank sensor. Just read the non starting and spring like warning light doh! I would be 99% sure its crank sensor, still don't know what the warning light is though.

Im having a strange one at the moment. The car almost grumbles into life. sometimes starts in a second other it fires then grumbles at 300-400 rpm then is fine after a few seconds. Its got brand new coil pack, leads, plugs, tdc etc so im a tad puzzled !