ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio "supercharger"

TDI tyre shreader
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha thats the funniest thing i have ever seen think i might triple supercharge my clio

182BG
the biggest loads of bollox i have ever seen. How can an air filter with a dump valve stuck on it work as well as a supercharger.. hmmm

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lee cup have you tried one ??

If so how can you comment, it may well not work, but on the other hand, I think putting an air compressor pipe into my intake with a flap valve may create a fair ammount of power. Neither are sensible things to do, but doesn't mean it won't work.

Black 172 MK2
even if it did help it would be running very lean if the statments wer true so i would of thought the car would run crap.

but then that doesnt matter coz its all crap

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Electric superchargers have been ridiculed plenty of times on this forum.

Yes an electric motor driven air pump like the eBay device could improve your engine's power. But car engines need huge amounts of air at full throttle and it would take huge amounts of power to pump enough extra to increase power more than a couple of horsepower. It'd need an electric motor a couple of times larger than a starter motor. Your battery couldn't supply enough power.

The dump valve on the top of it is proof that that particular advertised product is fraudulent.

If you want a few extra horsepower and you're willing to pay a couple of hundred pounds then replace the engine driven water pump with a Davis Craig electric water pump.

Shhh
Looks to me like a basic cheap and nasty cone ait filter, some silicone hose cut down with 3 dubilee clips on it. One clip holding the hose to the filter, the other going to the flexible hose, the other holding the fan inside the hose in position. Meanwhile the cable for the fan is put through the side of the hoses and re-sealed.

The dump valve is useless as its put in the listing...as any over pressure would just be forced back through the fan and out through the filter.

Now, if the fan was driven via aux belt..that would be different..

Maybe good for a buzz, tho with a 172, 182 the cone filter would need a outside cold air feed, therefore probably more useful removing the fan, and ducting the pipe infront of the grill and creating a ram air system.

Overall will work better at high speeds. As your moving, your creating forced air induction anyhow..

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
just looks like an induction kit with a stuck on dump valve! Offer 15 quid at most, just to feel the serious boost it offers ;)

Arctic bl. 182 & pac
Yea that really looks underpowered.

Seen video of some guys using leafblower or similar on a dyno. Now that looked wicked.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
HAHA these are proper shite!!!

On a more serious note though, has anyone tinkered with a proper supercharger for the clio RS models, some of the popular renault tuning firms have started producing turbo kits but not heard of any superchargers as of yet.

Polo + Micra
Danlp6 said:
a 1.8 engine at 7000rpm takes in 12,600litres of air a minute. theres no way a computer fan will do this!

just to 12,600 litres a min = 450cfm

this computer fan (like most computer fans pull 40A lol) generates 1000cfm (according to the advert)

just something to think about maybe

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
truffleshuffle said:
i had one of these before! total crap! DONT BUY ONE!
i also had one of these too! from a company called stormforce! it dint work for me so i bought a real turbo! tell em fat boy!:D