ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy & LY197 F1

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So I really want another car and soon I won’t be able to afford to keep both on the road and running.
I do have someone willing to store one of the a cars indoors for me at no cost but for the car I want I would need to sell both.

Question is would you sell a Clio Trophy & LY 197 F1 for a Mk 3 Megane RS275 ?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Probably.
Once you try something significantly newer and more capable. It’s hard to ignore how much better it is in every aspect.
I’ve just gone from my 182 to a 300 Trophy.

Do I miss the Clio?… enormously. There were aspects of it that I genuinely preferred to the latest and greatest RS Meg. However I did 170k miles in my 182, I’ve had my time and the new car just works so much better for my life right now.

If it’s the right thing for your life mate, make the jump and don’t look back.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You probably wouldn't want to daily either clio so the megane would be the better choice for that reason. I nearly bought one myself but the mk3 is ageing now so I took a punt on the peugeot and don't regret it.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I'd just daily the trophy, although the megane is obviously miles ahead in all area's over the 182, the 275 is a decent car, enough power, loads of grip and does well on our poor roads, or get a 300 with auto, that'll last you 10yr and easier than them all to daily 😁

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Oh the LY is my daily but I have been using the trophy the last 2 months.
I do around 5 miles a day if that and I also get a company motor home.

At the end of the month the trophy goes away and back to the LY.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Oh the LY is my daily but I have been using the trophy the last 2 months.
I do around 5 miles a day if that and I also get a company motor home.

At the end of the month the trophy goes away and back to the LY.

What's happening with the RS turbo mate?

plenty

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it depends on where you are in your car journey.

If you've not experienced a car with the power and capability of a mk3 Megane, it's something you have to try.

I've had prestigious, powerful cars over the years but these days I gravitate to simpler, lighter, lower-power cars as they're purer and more fun.

If I could run only one car it would be my 182 without doubt, but that's only because I've managed to get fast/aspirational stuff out of my system already.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Torque in the Megane makes is so much easier to drive. Had 182, 182 Trophy, 197Cup, 200 and R26.

All the Clios 1 year. R26 4 years and 275 6 years and counting.

Clio's need to be kept on the boil especially the 197 to compensate for extra weight.

But your commute is pretty short so any of these cars would be suitable.