ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the market for a Clio Race/Trackcar

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hiya,

Hoping admin don’t mind me posting in here as well for visibility.

I’m in the market for a clio, needs to be road worthy as at present I am not sure if I want to go down the trailer rabbit hole again or whether I’m going to go back racing.

I’m after a track or race clio. Originally looking at 197’s and 200’s but would consider a decent 172/182.

If you are selling, or looking to sell, please fire me the details,

Regards,

Adam

Brushwood69

ClioSport Club Member
I have a full blown Clio Rally Car 182 Cup going up for sale, but it's not a daily
IMG_20190915_164308_1_053.jpg

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
I got offered an inferno 172 at the start of the week, cage and a few other bits done to it - I can see if its still available? £1600 was mentioned as it had an issue

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Hugely. Wasn’t and still not sure I paid to much for mine really, time will tell. It currently won’t start due to me not driving it for three weeks, so that’s my next job, get it started.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Hugely. Wasn’t and still not sure I paid to much for mine really, time will tell. It currently won’t start due to me not driving it for three weeks, so that’s my next job, get it started.
I get this with mine after a few weeks of not starting, Usually ends up being the immobiliser fuse in the engine bay fuse box (15A), give it a wiggle and it might work - a mate has the same issue and this sorts his out too. shitty connections getting damp is what I put it down too

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Aye, the majority of the ones I went to see a few years back when buying my RB had early signs of rot.

3 years prior to that, circa 2017, my other 2 were just scabby, so easy enough to save. Nearly 19 years old now so it's a bit of a lottery unless you know what to look out for.

For track use I guess as long as the underneath isn't rotten, it'll do the job.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Given up for the time being.

Missed out on a pretty mint 172 cup for 3.5k this week due to work. And a pretty decent 197 for 2.5k last week. Been offered a tidy 200 for 4.5k, but I’m sure that’ll sell before I can get to it as well ffs.

Go to work to earn money, can’t actually spend it because I’m always at work ;)

Genuinely confused about pricing at the moment, there’s some absolute sheds being listed for 4/5/6k and then you get really decent ones at 2.5/3.5k

Last week there was a few up for sensible money, this week everyone’s asking silly money for snot boxes it seems. Just my luck

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The three you mention seem very cheap.

I don’t know what’s right and wrong at the minute tbh. Listings are all over the show. I’m not convinced that the 4grand snotters are actually selling

The 197 was an absolute steal, young lad couldn’t afford the insurance anymore and needed it gone pronto. The one thing they all had in common was they were miles away and I can’t get to them during the week.

Think I’m just going to wait it out and see what happens. Refuse to pay over the odds and end up taking yet another bath on a car. Albeit a cheap one, I’m too stubborn

May just pick up an fn2 type R, they’re cheap as anything and pretty solid with a baffled sump

Last edited: